Eastdil Secured Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastdil Secured Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Eastdil Secured

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Going into the interview process, I had my concerns. I have a friend who is currently working as an analyst. He informed me the interview process was very rigorous. Indeed, it was. It seemed I was interviewed by practically the entire team. Regardless, I am happy with the results. The interview really stressed the importance of business experience, real estate interest and a high gpa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn’t able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Eastdil Secured

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an On-Campus interview, for which they responded within a week for an invitation to the office in New York. Had a sequence of 30 minute interviews with most of the hierarchy (analyst to director) followed by a case study analyzing the cash flow of an office building for a total of four or so hours. They took two weeks longer to get back to me than they had said they would for the final decision, but probably because I was on the wait list until all of the chosen analysts had accepted their offers.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CIO of an acquisitions company, what are the aspects of a building you would look into and why?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Had a number of phone interviews with anywhere from 2-5 people on the other line at a time. The super day is 4-hours of so of back to back to back interviews in person in which ever office you are applying at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

First came to campus for a short 30 minute interview, called back to office to have 6 half hour interviews, some informational and some more technical

Interview Questions

• What are all the important rates for valuing real estate?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you'll get a phone interview. This is your chance to get any information you want about the company then you will be brought in to meet the team.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured in March 2017.

Interview

Had a great time in the interview process. Talked about my experience in Real Estate and got to talk to everyone from analyst, associate, to MD. They were happy to share their experience and expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with two employees, mainly asked technical questions after a few preliminary resume questions. All questions based on past real estate experience and lessons from school. The next step in the process would have been a super day which included a case study.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an Income statement for a multi family building?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Eastdil Secured - Los Angeles (Santa Monica)

Initial Office Interview:
    Chris Goodman,
    Managing Director

His Motto: “Always difficult to get rid of women and minorities on the backend.”

See his opening question below.

Interview Questions

• If I told you to move a pile of sh*t -
      From one corner of this room to another...
      Walk me through the process.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured in April 2011.

Interview

I had a couple of 1 on 1 interviews with senior level managers and I also had a 3 on 1 interview with some associates in the office. They asked typical behavioral based questions; transitioned to more specific questions about real estate investment analysis, including questions about ARGUS. Eastdil does not have an "analyst training program" so the associates described the learning curve at the firm as "trying to drink water out of a fire-hydrant" for the first year. All the interviewers I came in contact with were extremely professional.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you get from Potential Gross Income to the Equity Before Tax Cash Flow in a real estate DCF model.   Answer Question