Eastern Kentucky University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University.

Interview

Interview was fairly short, very casual and laid back. There were two people in my interview who asked questions. They were both very friendly. They got back to me fairly quickly about their decision, which I appreciate. It was about a week or so after the interview.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University in April 2017.

Interview

Met with supervisor, we sat down and went over my resume. She made it clear that there was a lot of phone inquiries and data entry with my job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable troubleshooting issues over the phone?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University.

Interview

Standard day and a half faculty interview with campus stakeholders & presentation. I was reimbursed for expenses, although I stayed with family in a nearby city. EKU folks ask pointed questions, and the interview process is definitely two-way. It's important to do your homework and ask questions of your interviewers. There are some really nice dining spots in Richmond.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Several phone interview and a face-to-face interview. I had a basic phone interview which was then followed by a semi-detailed phone interview. After "passing" the two interviews I had a face-to-face interview with the Mayors Office and a EKU official. I was then offered the position the following day.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process involved submitting an application and waiting for a phone interview. After the phone interview, it was the typical on campus interview. The only issue was finding a time to meet with the committee as the interview was delayed due to weather which made finding an acceptable time difficult.

Geek Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the manager of the program, although senior members conduct interviews on occasion. The setting was in the most casual computer lab just after lunch. While I was applying for an IT related position, the one conducting the interview was not trained in IT, so I had to do more explaining that otherwise.

Overall, the process was not one that is worth getting nervous about, and designed to create a relaxing experience for the prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you failed at, and how did you learn from that experience?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very informal, I had been a student at the university for 4 years and my employer already knew who I was and my work ethic. They offered me the job going into grad school, which was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online after being referred by an employee during a meeting on campus. I was contacted the next day, and an interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview lasted approximately thirty minutes, and the interviewer predominantly focused on questions having to do with my academic progress, and campus involvement.

Chemistry Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy to access jobs and apply on website. Took a while to hear about an interview. Slow hiring process from HR. Parking was difficult to figure out. Interviewers and other employees that I was introduced to were very kind.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

HR recruiter conducted a phone and face-to-face pre-screen interview for the Research Assistant position. I was then scheduled for a on-site, face-to-face interview with this department chair. The final decision was made by the department chair following my drug test and background check by the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Availability and former employment questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Most discussion was about part time status and hours, flexible working schedule, submission of end-of-week reports, and hourly rate of pay.