Eastern Maine Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastern Maine Medical Center Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eastern Maine Medical Center

Administrative Interview

Interview

Friendly great people nice tour of facility clear idea of what job expectations are. managers and HR tried to keep things in same time frame so not many interviews to return for.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about how this position   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Maine Medical Center in March 2012.

Interview

Applied in January, received a call for an interview February vacation, but didn't interview until early March. This was 1-on-1 with a nurse recruiter in HR, had a second interview with the practice and office managers, and finally with one of the physicians, a nurse, and the overall practice manager. By the time all was said and done, it was close to the middle of April before I was officially hired. This process seemed to be a bit slow for a simple staff nurse position.

Interview Questions

• None-all were predictable questions asked During a typical job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, as salary was set (union hospital).

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Maine Medical Center in November 2011.

Interview

I was a new graduate out of nursing school when I applied online for a cardiology floor position. I was then contacted by human resources recruiter within a week or two to set up interview. Scheduled interview within another week and met with human resources recruiter first and was grilled by her with about 20 questions. She was extremely nice and welcoming and her questions were really good ones that I was well prepared for. Then after her questions, she basically told me that I was someone they would like to hire and sent me over to the hospital building for the second part of the interview with the floor manager.

When I got there, the floor manager had been called in to work the overnight shift because of call-in's so I was interviewed by the clinical educator. The interview was short and sweet and she showed me around the floor. It seemed like a busy place, and everyone was very nice and welcoming. After the tour of the unit, I was basically told I had the job and that they hoped I would consider working for them. 2 days later, I was contacted by human resources for an offer and I accepted.

There was a post offer drug screen that I submitted to at the employee health clinic and it took two days for the results to come back so I could start working. I started orientation the following monday and I thought they did an excellent job with that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked under or with someone that you thought it was okay to break policy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The union mandates how much people are paid at this hospital and it goes by seniority.