Eastman Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2017

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at career fair and was invited for an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a case study (in a group of 3) and 3 one-on-one interviews in a row. Overall great experience.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview followed by an on site interview. For the phone interview, there were 2 group leaders asking behavior questions and the session last about 1 hr.
    The on-site interview was a total of 1 day. They occupied lunch, dinner, and breakfast time as part of the interview. So, the actual interview started at the night before. There were minimal break time in between the interviewers on the scheduled day for the interview. So, prepare some awkward moment like "oh, there's the next interview walked in the room, maybe we should end our session now".
    There are other points that i experienced during the interview. They dont typically hire experienced professionals in this large scale. So, in the past, they hire college grads, mostly local college grads. Another interesting fact was the all the interviewers were white and married, some have kids. That kind of made me wonder if the diversity and talent are there within the organization and the department.
    Some other comments about their culture changed from 10 yrs ago, the 2 rounds of layoffs, and the performance ranking system are correct.
    But, there are some positive experiences from the interview too. They organized the interviewers in an unique way not limited to the position i was interviewing for, but also they have connection to my backgrounds, which i think that's thoughtful. Another point is that, the admin part was great, such as timing, scheduling, guiding, and etc during the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked several common questions:
      1. Why do you want to leave your current company?
      2. What project that you have done in the past made you feel satisfied the most?
      3. What is your most proud of achievement?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by a full day of on site interviews with three managers, a presentation on myself, a timed on site project and a take home project to complete within two days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position/company?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

They were very accommodating and paid for the trip to their headquarters. There were about 5 or 6 individual interviews one after another. They were so friendly and inviting- it made the interviews as calming as possible. Such an incredibly nice group of people!

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in our last job and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Intensive 1.5-day process. First, I presented my research in 40-45 min to a group of around 20 employees. This was followed a series of 1 hour interviews with two team members. The questions were both behavioral and technical. Its an enjoyable process as I came out knowing much more about myself and my research than I thought previously did :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague?   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus after meeting representatives at a career fair. The next day I was invited to interview in Kingsport. The trip consisted on one night with a networking dinner, and a morning with three 45-min interviews, a case study, and a site tour. The interviews were mostly STAR questions, though one was more conversational. Overall, they seem to want to get a sense of how you would fit in the company and whether there is a place for you to do what you want to do (i.e. process improvement, process engineering, and long term goals). The questions will be challenging if you do not have a lot of experience to draw on.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complicated technical problem you have had to work on?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you were on a team that didn't function very well. What actions did you take?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eastman (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

I met them at an Engineering Expo at my college campus, then they asked me to come back the next morning for an interview. They contacted me 5 days later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had a communication difficulty, and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

Very lengthy. The online application system is bulky and very old school. The amount of time between the application submission and a call back is at a minimum three weeks and the interviews were not well planned.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your career where you worked with a difficult boss or customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existing

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

The three folks I interviewed with back-to-back over three hours were very friendly and easy to communicate with. They were very big on "tell me about a specific time when..."

Interview Questions

• They are big on "tell me about a specific time when..."   1 Answer

Laboratory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. I was asked typical interview questions and then was given a tour of the department that I would be working in. I heard back from the employee four days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you ran into an issue with your research and how you overcame it   Answer Question