Eastman Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

Eastman Interview Questions in Tennessee

Updated Mar 8, 2017

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

They were very accommodating and paid for the trip to their headquarters. There were about 5 or 6 individual interviews one after another. They were so friendly and inviting- it made the interviews as calming as possible. Such an incredibly nice group of people!

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge in our last job and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Intensive 1.5-day process. First, I presented my research in 40-45 min to a group of around 20 employees. This was followed a series of 1 hour interviews with two team members. The questions were both behavioral and technical. Its an enjoyable process as I came out knowing much more about myself and my research than I thought previously did :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague?   Answer Question

Entry Level Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus after meeting representatives at a career fair. The next day I was invited to interview in Kingsport. The trip consisted on one night with a networking dinner, and a morning with three 45-min interviews, a case study, and a site tour. The interviews were mostly STAR questions, though one was more conversational. Overall, they seem to want to get a sense of how you would fit in the company and whether there is a place for you to do what you want to do (i.e. process improvement, process engineering, and long term goals). The questions will be challenging if you do not have a lot of experience to draw on.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complicated technical problem you have had to work on?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you were on a team that didn't function very well. What actions did you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

Very lengthy. The online application system is bulky and very old school. The amount of time between the application submission and a call back is at a minimum three weeks and the interviews were not well planned.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your career where you worked with a difficult boss or customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

The three folks I interviewed with back-to-back over three hours were very friendly and easy to communicate with. They were very big on "tell me about a specific time when..."

Interview Questions

• They are big on "tell me about a specific time when..."   1 Answer

Laboratory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. I was asked typical interview questions and then was given a tour of the department that I would be working in. I heard back from the employee four days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you ran into an issue with your research and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the online system and about a week later I received a phone call to set-up a phone interview. I had the phone interview the following week and the next day received a phone call for a site interview. The site interview was 4 hours and I talked with the supervisor of the position and two individuals that also reported to the supervisor.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was very thorough, but everyone made me feel extremely comfortable. There were no questions that were meant to trick you everything was straight forward. A lot of the interview was me telling them about my experience and answering situational based questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite standard starting with a phone screen from a recruiter. The formal onsite interview was set up well with quite a lot of attention to the details. The actual interview itself was quite basic and lacked any type of standardized assessment techniques or questions. Overall a great attention to candidate care !

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

The first round was done after a career fair at Appalachian State University. Two interviewers asked basic STAR questions, and we discussed my resume and projects that I have been working on in school and in spare time. No technical questions at all. They were both still fairly young, extremely friendly and personable, and one of them later ended up being assigned as my recruiting mentor.

6 weeks later, the second round was done at Eastman's headquarters, where five of us candidates were provided an overnight stay in Kingsport. We were asked to prepare for a 10 minute presentation about either a project we had worked on or a trending IT topic, as well as another interview in front of a panel of management. It was stressful, but it seems like you get a thumbs up as long as you know what you are talking about. Again, no technical questions here either.

Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastman (Kingsport, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Met a couple recruiters at a university career fair. I was then invited for a private interview the next day. I was then invited to an onsite interview. The onsite interview was very well organized. A group of 20 or so students were booked in a hotel, taken to the Eastman lodge for dinner. The dinner started with a rather awkward "social" between very young employees and the students. The next day was a full day of interviews, followed by a tour of the facility and lunch. All the questions were behavioral and read from a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one time you were a leader of a group and one or more of your group members were not doing their share of work.   1 Answer