Eaton Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Phone interview lasting an hour. Phone interview again lasting an hour. Site interview lasting a day. Did not receive a decision yet. Overall, the interviewers were professional and pleasant to speak with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eaton

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton in August 2016.

Interview

This interview consisted completely of behavioral questions that were kind of unique. The questions caught me off-guard and I think my interview suffered because of it. If you have an interview for an internship position, I would recommend having plenty of stories on hand that might be of use so you are not thinking for a while. Some of the questions were so vague that I had a hard time understanding what exactly they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when someone did something wrong/bad/immoral and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview at a career fair. Two weeks later they called for an over the phone interview with an HR person. It was an overall easy experience and both interviewers were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you stood up for something no one else believed in or understood?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

I was scheduled for an hour interview through the campus career center so it was on campus. He started by going through my resume and asking me to elaborate on experiences. He also asked me what type of electives I am currently taking. After that he asked three behavioral questions and followed by taking questions from me.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you stood for an ethical issue one your own.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online by submitting my resume on eaton.com, and going through the questions their website prompts.

Shortly (A week or two) I received an e-mail saying I made it to first round interviews, which was a phone interview for me. So, I picked a schedule that fit my time. Interviewer called on time.

This interview was relatively easy going, started by asking questions off your resume and previous/school experience, then followed up by asking 3 behavioral questions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton in October 2015.

Interview

Met them at the career fair and handed them my resume. Got a call 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview for the next week. The phone interview was 30 minutes and it was with the HR lady. She first talked about the layout of the interview and talked about what she does at the company. Then she began asking questions and they were all behavioral questions. At the end she asked if I had any questions for her about the position. A week after the phone interview I was called and asked if I would be interested in a second round interview with and engineering manger. The second round phone interview was very simple and he basically asked questions about my resume and experience . I am still waiting on an offer, they said they would get back to me in 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton (Tualatin, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Eaton conducted multiple two-on-ones. They spend a lot of time on standard behavioral questions.

Be prepared for people arriving late to interviews or not coming at all. One senior person arrived late and repeated questions covered earlier. The same person, a manager, was clearly agitated and wanted nothing to do with the interview process. He had been delayed due to some factory/customer issue and the interview was just prior to lunch. Based on his facial expressions and body language, I would classify him as hostile. To make matters worse, he didn't know the correct answers to some of his own questions. Looking back, I should have stood up and left. He was simply going through the motions. They had already chosen a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Droll behavioral questions from most people and then a barrage of technical questions designed to try to trip someone up.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

These interviewers were not willing to look at the overall package of skills. They did not focus on past successes or all qualifications. They harmed themselves, as do many companies, by not looking at attitude and teamwork. In taking weeks to give me a final answer, they also acted unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Why a type of experience did not match what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Super casual, started out with behavioral questions, then shifted to casual conversation about why you want to work with them, what separate you and other candidates, how will you bring to the company as an intern, what do you expect out of this internship?

Interview Questions

• Describe a team when your project is heading the wrong direction, how did you come about this problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Galesburg, MI).

Interview

I had two phone interviews, first with a hiring manager, and second with a hiring manager and HR. I applied Mid-March and had my offer Late-April for the summer term.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. This was my first internship so did not feel the need to negotiate either.