Eaton Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearney, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton (Kearney, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was fine. It was a little on the long side but everyone was polite helped me to understand what the company was about. I did get the feeling that not many were happy to be there.

The problem I had with the interview was that before I left, Eaton HR promised me to reimburse my rental car and my hotel bill. When I return home from the interview I followed the process and submitted my receipts and I received and email saying my reimbursement was processed and I should receive it in 4-6 weeks. Six weeks go by and I hear nothing. I start emailing and calling Eaton HR for several weeks and nobody answers the phone or responds to my emails or messages. I even called corporate and they tried to get me in touch with managers and they also did not answer the phone or return my messages. After three months of calling and pestering and working my way up the chain of people I finally got someone to respond. They told me that all of Eaton's accounts were frozen which is why they could not send out any refunds. They said that after July 17th their accounts would become unfrozen and then they could send me the refund. It is now July 26 and still nothing has happened. I'm a college student who is married and has two kids. I can understand things falling through the cracks and people making mistakes but Eaton HR could have contacted me to update me on situation instead of ignoring me completely. I don't think I will get my $200 back.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in using standard work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Eaton

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Very short 30 minute phone interview. Discussed my resume and past roll challenges and how I handled them. Talked about my outside interests and life work balance.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question I was asked was to explain how I accomplished improving on time delivery from 76% to 98% to customers.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

Eaton helps improve user safety in new Steep Slope Harvester. Read the full ... Eaton's UltraShift PLUS is catching hefty praise from heavy hauler

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I had my resume posted in preparation for an Engineering Professional Career Fair; Eaton HR (for Collegiate recruting) called a few weeks before the fair and set up the interview at the Career Fair. At the Career Fair, I had 2 rounds of interviews, each 30 minutes, with two people each. I didn't receive feedback for about a month when another HR recruiter called to set up a follow-on interview. I had an additional 3 one-hour interviews, ranging from HR to Plant managers. Most interviewers used the "STAR" approach, about 3 to 4 questions in an interview were answered. These phone interviews lasted about 45-60 minutes.

Please note that I do not believe most people would go through a three month interview process-- I told the first set of recruiters I could not begin working full-time for eight months because I was close to graduating college.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where things didn't go the way you planned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Des Moines, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

Behavioral Questions 7 to 8.

Anonymous Employee in Shenandoah, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Shenandoah, IA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was approached at a college career fair about a possible career opportunity. I had a on-campus interview with one of the HR representatives from the site. This person was very knowledgable about the facility and the job for which I was applying.

After the campus interview I was asked to come on site for a full day interview with staff and other engineers. This consisted of 3 interviews, 2 with 2 individuals and 1 with 1 individual. They split the interviewers up pretty well between all operations in the plant. I believe this gave them better insight as to how you would interact with each department. I was then given the opportunity to give a 20 minute presentation on myself to all of staff. After this I was asked multiple different questions.

All in all it was a very good experience. I felt comfortable the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a superior on a project?   1 Answer
    • When have you had to use your personality or charm to influence a decision?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as it was my first job out of college.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eaton in February 2012.

Interview

I was flown up to Cleveland and stayed in a great hotel. There was a plant tour that I had to miss because of my flight, but I made it to the dinner afterwards. The next day we had 2 one on one interviews and then a panel presentation. It was all pretty standard. They are a great company

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you changed your opinion of someone after you got to know them better?   Answer Question