Eaton Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton (College Park, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Behavioral Interview over the phone with an HR Consultant, leading to another phone interview with Hiring Manager and lastly an in person interview. The Interviewer also asked questions about my experience with working under systems with little to no structure, testing, wiring and more.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eaton

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through university website, process took 1 week. Had my 1st interview on campus, with a pre-interview dinner social event one night before. It was very standard behavior interview, can be answered following STAR strategy. Received a phone interview 3 weeks later to go through my resume.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had a conflict with team member, what's your take away, how did you apply to a new scenario.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Email conversation until interview set up - Informal feel, easy questions. Talked to one person first, and then another. Discussed various operations and opportunities available to current students and recent graduates. Overall very simple questions and laid back feel.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to tell someone they were doing something inappropriate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Warwick, RI) in November 2012.

Interview

Met at job fair, signed up for inital interview there. Spoke over the phone for 30 mins interview and scheduled an interview at the Warwick location. Spoke with groups of 2 people for 60 min intervals. First was 2 engineers, then 2 HR representatives. Typical interview questions, hypothetical situations, and asked if I was ever in certain situations. Nothing very technical.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where everyone disagreed with you but you knew you were right? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered many benefits, bonuses, and great comensation for relocating.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Stage 1: Shortlisted on basis of no backlogs (Dead as well as Active) criteria.
    Stage 2: Eaton visited our campus for recruitment. The panel was friendly and asked easy questions from our favourite subjects and internship.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is detonation?
      2. What is difference between knocking and detonation?
      3. How it is different in CI and SI engines?
      4. Why do you want to join our company?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to an assessment centre in birmingham. Started off with a simple english test. Followed by a group interview in which there were 4 people assessing us. Then we did a written competency test followed by another group interview in which we were asked to do a presentation. After this stage is the role play and an interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in November 2013.

Interview

two times interview. you must show them that you are what they needed. they prefer the experienced than fresh. that's why. you must show him that you're the one and only person they looking for.