Eaton Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Eaton Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.1

EngineeringPlacement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Loughborough, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Assessment Day

After applying online I had a short phone interview, asking why I wanted to work for Eaton etc. which was relatively easy and laid back. They asked me along to an assessment centre in February 2017, which was a lot more difficult. The day started with two tests; in-tray and numerical reasoning, and a group exercise and unprepared presentation. After a lunch break they told some people they had been unsuccessful and were asked to leave. I got through to the afternoon with consisted of a one on one role play and a formal interview. The interview itself wasn't overly difficult, but the rest of the day was pretty full on.

The day was handled very professionally, but they didn't tell anyone what to expect, so we walked into each new activity completely oblivious of what was coming. The interviewers, however, did seem incredibly unprepared, and were short of questions. They just tried to get me to talk as much as possible on a given topic.

EngineeringUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton (Loughborough, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview for about 20 mins where they called me out of nowhere. I passed the interview and they gave me an assessment centre 1 month later. The assessment centre started of with a verbal, numerical, abstract written test (more MCQ). After that we had a group assignment where we had to divide the jobs according to priorities and why. After, we had a situational judgement test where you were a manager and you had to sort all the jobs into priorities and had to pick out the key issues in all the jobs. Next, we were given a group presentation task with 3 people where we had to research and sort the plan out in 30 mins and give a presentation for 10 mins.
    After that there was a long break and then they rejected people who didn't pass either of the tasks. I was one of them lol

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Greater than 3 months on and haven't heard anything after submitting an online application. The online application system is possibly the most impersonal system I've ever used. No contact in the job description given for an informal chat or to find out more about the role/company; for a position that is relatively senior this is unimpressive, as is ‘someone will contact you if we’re interested’. If you want to recruit good, creative people you need to do better, or at least acknowledge the application and inform if unsuccessful. Believe you are screening out a lot of promising candidates based on the appalling application process alone. Eaton, sort it out and get a more human recruitment process!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eaton.

Interview

Submitted my CV and Cover Letter online and a couple of months later I was told I had an assessment center in a week.

At 12pm (lunchtime) they sent half of the interviewees home after a group activities and two individual tests (which I thought was pretty brutal and humiliating for those who were sent home).

After lunch time there was around 10 students left, and we had to do a one-on-one very relaxed interview and then a role-play activity.

After weeks of chasing them after the assessment center I received an email saying I had been unsuccessful. But weirdly a couple days later they left a voicemail on my phone asking them to call their HR department back. However I never called back

Very strange experience, but great learning experience nevertheless

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

After a three month wait i received a telephone interview (out of the blue) which was then followed by an invitation to an assessment centre with Eaton in Birmingham. The set up of the assessment centre is completely demoralising as if it isn't daunting enough already was 20 people to begin with and they went on to send 15 people home at lunch time (by calling you into a room one by one and taking your badge and making you do a walk of shame out the door infront of everyone if you had not progressed onto the next stage) luckily for myself i had progressed to the next stage where I had to complete a role play exercise and an interview with three senior managers (which was not stated in the telephone interview nor email and so i was completely unprepared for) I was told i would hear back in two weeks time and its nearly been over three and I still haven't heard anything back from Eaton.

Interview Questions

• Why eaton? What do you know about eaton? Why are you interested in finance? What can you offer to the company? What skills do you have?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mitcheldean, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Mitcheldean, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Before the assessment day there was a very informal telephone interview from the HR manager - which I was completely out of the blue. Then I was invited to the assessment day. The assessment day started at 9.30am and was very intense. Had to a variety of different assessments such as a test and case study and presentation. Did not think this got the best out of the candidates as it was very draining. There were 15 other candidates there (which I thought was alot), I was then told they sometimes have over 20 at the assessment centre days they hold.
    Just over half were sent home after lunch and the other half were given an interview and had to do a role play exersize.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eaton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Went to an assessment centre in birmingham. Started off with a simple english test. Followed by a group interview in which there were 4 people assessing us. Then we did a written competency test followed by another group interview in which we were asked to do a presentation. After this stage is the role play and an interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application online followed by a phone interview then you are invited to an assessment day. Throughout the day you partake in various group tasks such as presentations, and some individual testing. Nothing too complicated, just make sure you are inputting well within the group. A large amount of people are sent home at lunch, with a selected few taking part in interviews in the afternoon.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyseley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eaton (Tyseley, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

- Application Questions
    - Telephone interview

Usual motivational questions: why do you want to work for Eaton? Why this role? etc

- Assessment centre
    Starts with a multiple choice questionnaire with numerical, verbal and logic questions. However, it does not have much value, as it is only used to decide whether someone is hired if the performance has been borderline in other exercises.
    Then there is a group exercise and a pair exercise where two candidates need to solve a business problem and present the findings to a panel.
    After lunch, around half of the candidates are sent home (yes, really!), so it is key to performing well during the morning activities.
    Those remaining are interviewed by an HR representative and a manager; questions range from the traditional behavioural questions to job specific skills. The interview is the key activity and will decide if a candidate is hired or not.
    Finally, there is a role play, where the candidate plays the role of a manager having to deal with an underperforming employee.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a few months later received a call wanting to do a phone interview. It was pretty simple and easy going. I was then instantly invited to the assessment center in Birmingham. The assessment centre was done in two parts: morning and afternoon.
    The morning consists of 4 tasks: an IQ test, written test, group presentation and a team work exercise. Once these have been completed you have lunch and await their decision about whether you will continue to the afternoon stage. If they don't want you, you leave early. I think the afternoon stage was just an interview with a member of staff.

The actual centre was in Birmingham and I found it enjoyable despite not making it to the afternoon stage.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give a 10 minute group presentation on a tricky topic set by them   Answer Question