Eaton Vance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

2 x 1 interviews with general review of resume. Mostly asking about previous job experience and discussing why I was interested in the space. A very traditional interview.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Mostly questions about your resume over the phone. Interviewers were very nice, which made the conversation much easier. Ask about your interest in the company and which stocks you are currently watching.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Not any tough technical questions, mostly just conceptual regarding your background. Senior management is laid back and easy to talk to. Lack of technical questions in favor of personality review and work experience was evident .

Interview Questions

• One example of when you managed a project and how did you resolve issues during it   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

You sit in a conference table with 3 guys. 2 are very seasoned and 1 who just joined the mangers desk who thinks he has something to prove and will try to trip you up. The interview I had very technical, you best to make sure you know what is going on in the markets and how that relates back to at least 5 of Eaton Vance products. It's a big floating rate and fixed income shop so just look into those products to touch upon.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an internal wholesaler does? What do you think internal wholesaling is all about?
      What recent investment literature have you read? Tell us about it…
      What is your favorite EV product?
      What is duration?
      So you put on your resume you have in-depth knowledge of the markets, expand on that.
      Ask market questions: (ex) What is the 10 yr treasury doing?
      Ask technical questions: (ex) What is the difference between maturity and duration? Value and growth?

Going back to the young guy wanted to prove himself, I got who is your favorite economist, why and how does his views match up with todays current economy   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

typical interview process, interviewed with 4 people. there were some written tests and an excel test. honestly a little disappointed. questions were boring and not at all behavioral. made the company seem stagnant and not innovative at all. I also had a foreign language on my resume and they told me, day of, that I would have an interview in that language (a heads up would've been appreciated).

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

A lot of talks with great people, and they care a lot about your interest. I had many opportunities to ask what I want to know about this company, and also hardcore tests. That was quite a standard process for interview.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application, contacted to set up in person interview, took about 2 hours, met with 3 groups of 2 people each so the interview was more of a conversation. No tough questions, just asking about you and what you know.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

I met with a recruiter in an on campus interview. The interview was pretty informal and casual. The questions were mostly behavioral and conversational about my resume and background. The recruiter said I would be a great fit, but the company hires on a need basis and they wouldn't know if they had an opening for a couple of months. The recruiter said to check back with him in a couple of months to see if they had an opening for me. Seemed like a backwards way to interview.

Mutual Funds Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process took approximately 3 weeks. I applied online and received a call within a week from a recruiter. Following the call, I had in interview in the office with three employees, including the manager of the team. The next phase was a more serious interview with two employees who had worked at Eaton Vance for over 20 years. Good cop, bad cop sort of deal. One was rude and seemed to not want to be there. The other was nice and wanted to know everything about you. It took about a week or so receive and email with their decision. Most of the interview questions were fairly standard for entry level finance jobs.

Interview Questions

• -What is your greatest strength?
      -What is your greatest weakness?
      -Tell me about a time where you provided excellent customer service.
      -Why do you want to work at Eaton Vance?   Answer Question

Client Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Applied online, but also had an employee referral. I heard back about a week later that they wanted me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different people. One was from HR and the other two were potential managers. They asked all pretty straightforward questions about myself and my past experiences, nothing too tricky.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting thing you've read about the financial markets in the past week?   Answer Question