Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email she attached the job description and asked me to reply if I was interested in setting up a phone interview. I responded to confirm a phone interview. My phone interview was on time and went fantastic, I was invited to set up an in person interview at the end of the call. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What is something you didn't like in your previous roles.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick, and Simple, it was so easy to impress the Scottsdale, AZ carrier manager. My friends told me as long as your a single female you will definitely get hired!!

Interview Questions

• Are you over 18 yrs old? Are you single? Do you Drink? Well then, your hired!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview started off like any other interview, with just some general background questions and questions about the job hunt. A lot of the questions were very similar in nature and it made me feel like I was repeating myself over and over. I didn't feel the interviewer was really listening to what I had to say and I heard email being refreshed in the background about 2-3 times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screening interview then was promptly scheduled for an in person. Got shown around the office and participated in shadowing before in the interview started. Interview was pretty laid back. Most of the actually time in the interview was spent listening to what the company does and what the job would entail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Found the job through indeed and applied. Got a call a few days later as a 'feeler'' interview and moved on to a face-to-face interview. I was brought in and after a tour of the office I shadowed a Carrier Sales Rep and got to listen to a few phone calls. After the shadow, I went through the basic interview Q and A. All in all it was a short process which I feel is contributed to the fact that it was the Friday before Memorial Day. Waiting to hear back now.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Very relaxed - they want to make sure you are able to hold a normal conversation. It is not an easy job so they actually try to scare you away. They don't want anyone coming in who doesn't know what they'll be up against.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

First I met with a recruiter on campus and they followed up with a phone interview. The HR recruiter is educated and well-mannered but when I got to their Dallas office I got to see a different side of the company. The place was messy (i.e. trash cans overflowing, interviewing table had old food on it, kind of depressing sight in general), the sales managers who interviewed me were wearing wrinkled t-shirts, jeans, and had a general "disheveled" appearance about them. It seemed as though they were doing me the favor of interviewing me as it sounded like they were reading off of a script and payed no interest to my responses.

I'm glad I went to this interview because it will serve as good experience for a company I do NOT want to work for. I know I'm fresh out of college but I have more worth than working at Echo Global.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Branch Manager

Thank you for coming to visit the Dallas office! We often like to reward our employees with things like free breakfast tacos and Potbelly or pizza for lunch. Sadly, buying food for 70 people means ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter messed up the scheduling of the first phone interview, so while I was waiting for a phone call to come in, I got an email saying he messed up and needed to reschedule. I was annoyed, but was polite and we rescheduled. Again, the time came for the phone interview and I was left waiting. I got another email from the woman that would have conducted the interview herself rather than the recruiter. She apologized and said she was stuck in a meeting. We rescheduled for a third time and we finally conducted the interview.

There were pretty basic questions that were asked and I thought the interview actually went very well.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks so much for writing a review of your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us, I apologize for any mix-up in scheduling. We strive to call candidates on time, despite ... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

It was one of the easier interview processes Ive ever done. its a sales job, just sell yourself, stay upbeat and positive. It is pretty easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 35K + Commission.