Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Carrier Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Pretty average experience. They will walk you around, shadow someone. If they like you they will probably choose you. There are many other similar companies out there that could be better.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply on their website, receive an initial phone interview with the recruiter, multiple face to face interviews with different tiers in management. Final part was the offer in which they provide a base salary and you have an opportunity to accept, counter, or deny. I received a phone call with an offer from the director of the department and countered, he agreed and we moved forward with the final paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of adversity you overcame in a professional situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email she attached the job description and asked me to reply if I was interested in setting up a phone interview. I responded to confirm a phone interview. My phone interview was on time and went fantastic, I was invited to set up an in person interview at the end of the call. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What is something you didn't like in your previous roles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview started off like any other interview, with just some general background questions and questions about the job hunt. A lot of the questions were very similar in nature and it made me feel like I was repeating myself over and over. I didn't feel the interviewer was really listening to what I had to say and I heard email being refreshed in the background about 2-3 times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Found the job through indeed and applied. Got a call a few days later as a 'feeler'' interview and moved on to a face-to-face interview. I was brought in and after a tour of the office I shadowed a Carrier Sales Rep and got to listen to a few phone calls. After the shadow, I went through the basic interview Q and A. All in all it was a short process which I feel is contributed to the fact that it was the Friday before Memorial Day. Waiting to hear back now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter messed up the scheduling of the first phone interview, so while I was waiting for a phone call to come in, I got an email saying he messed up and needed to reschedule. I was annoyed, but was polite and we rescheduled. Again, the time came for the phone interview and I was left waiting. I got another email from the woman that would have conducted the interview herself rather than the recruiter. She apologized and said she was stuck in a meeting. We rescheduled for a third time and we finally conducted the interview.

There were pretty basic questions that were asked and I thought the interview actually went very well.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks so much for writing a review of your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us, I apologize for any mix-up in scheduling. We strive to call candidates on time, despite... More

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in July 2014.

Interview

The first time the company contacted me was via email to confirm a phone interview. The initial phone interview covered why I was interested in the company, the details of the position, my past experiences related to the position, salary/benefits, etc. I was asked back for a second interview which included a session where I shadowed a carrier sales rep followed by a face to face interview with one of the managers. This time we covered some of the same things as before, but in much more detail. Along with a few questions regarding how certain situations should be handled and where I plan to be in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to handle a situation in which you are unable to accommodate a customer's requests and/or needs?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in April 2014.

Interview

3 phone interviews, 1 in person that lasted about 2 hours. First hour with one interviewer and the second with another, shadow employee during in person interview. Do your best to put your personality out there otherwise you won't go far. The

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

First comes the phone interview, which I believe is the most important interview as it will determine whether you get invited to come to the office for an official interview. First you are asked questions of why you are interested in the position, what is your competitive background and what makes you stand out, basic questions for a phone interview. Once you explain your history and what makes you stand out the interviewer will decide weather or not to invite you back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate (more when they asked then the question itself, caught me a little off guard).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 35K + Commission.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

First contact is an email to get in touch for a phone interview. They will find out if you WANT to work. They will not mention too many specifics of the job, however they are paid if you are hired, so backing out on your end will prompt them to tell you it's $35k benefits etc. They want to meet you in person. You will set up a time, which they will be late for. You will interview with 3+ people, from all different departments and in between they do this "nervous test stress" thing where they will leave you to sit in a conference room for 20-30 minutes while you wait for the next interviewer. Most of the interviewers seemingly don't care and will look through you as you speak. They will dismiss you and call you back for a 3rd interview with the offer on the table. You have 24 hours to accept. The offer is non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• A time that you lied to protect yourself or someone else.

I think we have all done that as kids or young adults, but still, admitting this fault is difficult and sets you up in a sense.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I tried to negotiate, but they won't budge, no matter what your qualifications are etc.you start at the bottom.