Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.6

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After the phone screen, I was told that the HR coordinator would contact me to set-up a face to face interview. I didn't hear from the coordinator until a couple days later. She asked availablity, and I responded immediately. Radio silence until mid afternoon the day before the interview was supposed to be scheduled. I am currenly working, and they should know that candidates that have a job need to provide their current employers a bit of notice to take some time off.

The day of the interview, I was early. My name was not provided to security so I was unable to enter. I stood at the front desk for a good 5 minutes, when the security guard tells me to call up to the office so they can put my name of the list. I do as instructed, and the receptionist tells me she has to confirm my interview first. I stood at the security desk for another 10 mins or so before I was allowed up.

I met with 3 indivduals, they all seemed friendly, however the first individual I met with seemed more interested in what was going on the other side of the glass behind me. She really didn't seem too interested in anything I had to say. At the end of it all, I felt I did well, regardless of everything leading up to the interview. I was provided the business card of the 1st individual I met with, no one else's. As a courtesy, I sent a thank you email to that individual, thanking them for their time, and expressing my interest in the position and asking about next steps. It's been about a week, and not even an acknolwedgment to my email. This is not good practice. You can lose a lot of great candidates by having the wrong people in these types of positions, also, to have such a robust recruiting department, the process should be very streamlined, and clearly it is not. I am very disappointed in the manner this whole interview process was handled, and will not likely accept a position here, even if it was offered at this point.

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were very routine. Nothing difficult or unexpected to report.   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and positive interview experience and we apologize you left with a negative perception. During your interview, we ... More

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week.
    The recruiter called and it seemed like a horrible phone connection. There was a delay on phone, how does that happen!?
    The recruiter seemed bored right off the bat. Lots of 'yeah' 'ok great'. Pair that with the delay, total disaster.
    It's difficult to sell yourself when you don't know exactly if the person is still waiting for your response or just not responding.
    I got a lot of 'oh, I don't know' answers to my questions at the end of the interview.
    Wasn't surprised that I didn't move on to the next stage.
    Disappointing.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

3 step process, starts with recruiter which is basic 30 minute interview, then you visit branch or hq and shadow for an hour before having an hour interview with the managers. Then if necessary another interview with someone higher. Easy interview, nice people.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy that you had a positive interview experience with our sales team. Your opinion is important to us, and we are lucky to have you as a part of the Echo team!

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied after a campus career fair through a recruiter. Overall the process took about a week and a half. Pretty standard and relaxed interview. Had a phone interview and then an on-site mostly behavioral focused questions. You need to show them that you are highly motivated and can handle working in a fast paced environment.

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

4 in person interviews following a recruiter phone screen. 1. HR. A Senior recruiter who had become an HRG and one senior level HR person. Basic walk through the resume and behavioral based questions. ,HR Leader: Same walk through of resume plus several describe how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. , Business Partners: a few members of the Sr. Business team, Business Partners: yet another interview with same repeated questions. They could really tighten up this process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to push back on something asked of you?   1 Answer

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview. The person who called was interviewing me for a position that I hadn't applied for and absolutely wasn't qualified for. She barely asked any questions and All I did was Talk. She was dead Silent for the duration of the interview. There was no questions asked other than Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Entry Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I started with a referral from a friend which got me an initial phone interview after that I did a quick online application. About a month later I did an In person Interview with 2 different people. Another month after that was a final phone interview with Sales VP

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral and was contacted immediately to set up a phone interview. It lasted about twenty minutes and the woman was very nice, asking straightforward interview questions that centered more on personality characteristics/future goals rather than past experiences. She spent five to ten minutes talking about the training program at the end and providing valuable insight into the position. Was invited for an in-person interview but I accepted a different opportunity.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Saw job posting online and submitted application. Got an email from HR to set up a phone screening interview within a couple days. Easy phone call to set up. 15 minute conversation with general job screening questions about your background and information about the position. Was contacted in a couple days to set up an on-site interview with hiring manager. Easy to set up on-site interview. Info was provided for arriving at location if taking the train, walking or driving to location. Had brief training session with would-be co-workers followed by 30 minute interview with hiring manager. This was more indepth about the industry and my background. Brought in another manager for brief meeting and additional interview questions. Finally his manager with a brief meeting and couple more interview questions. Relaxed office environment with relaxed but professional interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Schedule a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. Went in for a face to face. Shadowed a current client sales rep for 15 minutes, met with 2 recruiters and the sale manager. The best part was the mock sales call to the sales manager. You had to act like you were recruiting a current high school junior to come to your college. I killed it

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to succeed in Sales?
      What qualities do you believe a successful sales person has?
      Why do you want to work in Logistics?
      What do you do in your free time?
      Answer Question