Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.6

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for the Client Sales Representative position for Echo. I first had the phone interview with the recruiter, very basic getting to know you questions. After the phone interview I was invited for an in-office interview with two sales manager and to shadow another employee. After the interview and shadowing, I had been told by one manager that interview went very well and I would hear from the recruiter from the end of the week on the next step in the process.The end of the week showed up and I had heard nothing. I decided to call the recruiter and the number provided took me to trucker dispatch line that wasn't even related to Echo. I had reached out to one of the managers about the issue and he said he would leave a message with her to have her contact me, and still did not receive any contact. Overall, a bit of an unprofessional experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

The interview was a joke. Said you where suppose to be there for 2-2.5 hours but wasn't even there for 2 hours. They only asked me a couple of questions about me and that was it. I had no idea about the job nor the company from the managers and employees. If I hadn't done the research on both I would have been in the dark. I had asked a few employees and even the managers what they like about working at Echo and they all said happy hour. I knew more about happy hour, what it contained, how often they do it, and how they get their money for it then the actual job itself. When I did have my interview with 3 different manager I had asked them about by the way company and job and that was like pulling teeth just to get any information. I did not get an offer due to not be aggressive enough. But they had no idea how aggressive I can be. I've worked for my company for over a year brought our profits up 10% last year, top 10 sales person throughout the nation, and some other things that employers would love to have. But they don't know that because they didn't ask any important questions. If you get an interview by a referral make sure you know all about that person. I was referred and they mainly asked me about that person and not me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my University. I had a phone call that was very relaxed. She gave a rundown of the company, role, salary etc. I went into the office and shadowed a Sales Rep for 30 minutes then followed by an interview with four of the sales managers there which was a little intimidating because they were all throwing questions at me. I knew right away they didn't think I would be a good fit and was walked out by one of the managers following the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced an objection and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then I had to go into the office to shadow someone for an hour then interviewed with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview 2.5 hours total. I found it distracting that one of the managers was rolling his eyes and acting like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What's the biggest risk you ever took?
      How do balance work/school?   Answer Question

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for interviewing with Echo and taking the time to provide some feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your recruiter if you feel as if you had a negative experience interviewing. We are... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (New York, NY).

Interview

Three step interview. Phone interview first, the in person, then someone in headquarters. You speak to recruiting, your branch manager, and someone usually higher up in recruiting or management.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

3 step process, starts with recruiter which is basic 30 minute interview, then you visit branch or hq and shadow for an hour before having an hour interview with the managers. Then if necessary another interview with someone higher. Easy interview, nice people.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy that you had a positive interview experience with our sales team. Your opinion is important to us, and we are lucky to have you as a part of the Echo team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

This company's Nashville location has absolutely no respect for the applicant's time. It is run so flippantly and in the manner of a startup that professionalism is a bit too much to ask for. There is no diversity and the men are rude and pompous. I was called back to interview for an account executive position after another position I interviewed for 2 months ago did not work out. Their recruiter reached out to me. Shockingly enough, I was put through a really awful process where they harped on the fact that they wanted to hire an internal employee. So why am I here? Why am I wasting money on parking that you don't validate and spending 1.5 hours (3.0 hours of my life spent in their interview process overall) interviewing for a job I'm not going to get? I was really taken aback when the interviewer asked me why I had bothered interviewing for the other position 2 months ago, indicating I was just haphazardly interviewing for jobs. If you did your prep before my interview, maybe you would have remembered the extremely valid point I made. It's very rude to throw that at an applicant who gave you 3 vulnerably real and legitimate reasons they were considering a role outside their field.
    After $30 wasted on parking overall, 3 hours spent in their process overall, I don't hear back from the recruiter. The recruiter who specially reached out to me never contacts me back. All I gotta say is BYE. My experience with you guys was horrible. My dad was actively interviewing for an engineering position with Echo and he pulled out of the process. You guys are so unprincipled and I'm shocked you are still up and running so dreadfully given that there is another global logistics company in your very building.

Interview Questions

• Why did you interview for that job if you think this job would be a better fit? What are some challenges you've faced in giving negative feedback?   Answer Question

May 23, 2016

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our Nashville office. As a recruiting team we work hard to create a positive interview experience across all of our... More

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was laid-back and informational, very responsive. In-face interview was also comfortable and laid-back. Culture and office was great. walk through with a sales rep was helpful to get the gist of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied after a campus career fair through a recruiter. Overall the process took about a week and a half. Pretty standard and relaxed interview. Had a phone interview and then an on-site mostly behavioral focused questions. You need to show them that you are highly motivated and can handle working in a fast paced environment.