Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.6

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (New York, NY).

Interview

Three step interview. Phone interview first, the in person, then someone in headquarters. You speak to recruiting, your branch manager, and someone usually higher up in recruiting or management.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter at another one of the branches, met with Branch Manager in Hendersonville at a temporary office, final phone interview with HR Director, second final phone interview with VP Sales. Tone of all interviews were casual but still sort of difficult becasue they put you on the spot and you were not always sure what they were looking for in questions.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your sales ability. What past experience proves you will be successful in this job? How do you deal with failure? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none really. you have a base/draw until you do well enough to get commission. good enough incentive for me!

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

First, I had a very brief phone conversation with a Recruiter who asked basic questions about my job search, background, future goals, strengths/weakness, failures and aptitude for a sales job. After that, I was asked into the branch office, (which is in Oldtown right by the mall) for a second interview with the same Recruiter who asked more difficult questions this time around. She put me on the spot a lot but at the same time I still felt extremely comfortable and overall the interview was very conversational. It seemed as though she was genuinely interested in the things I had to say (which was refreshing for a change compared to other companies) as well as making sure this job was the right fit for me. She was extremely knowledgeable about the company and the industry and I also enjoyed hearing about her background. Then I shadowed someone in the actual role I would be doing and met with a Senior Manager. That part was very quick, direct and to the point but he was also very enthusiastic about the industry, the company and his job/team and was very upfront and realistic about what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unmotivated to get something done and how did you get yourself back on track.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you had to influence someones point of view or decision when they may have had differing viewpoints or been reluctant to hear.   Answer Question
    • How assertive would you consider yourself? Tell me about a time you were able to positively assert yourself in a difficult situation and led by example.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you where not satisfied (or a collegue/superviosr/professor) with your personal performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick chat with the CHR in Chicago, a fairly lengthly and time consuming backgroud check with criminal, education, past employers, compensation history. Then I was told over the phone I was going to be given an offer and the Recruiter tried to feel me out as to an acceptable range. She gave me examples of what she'd seen in the past from similar candidates and emphasized Echo's strenths over other companys and helped me weigh by options.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my University. I had a phone call that was very relaxed. She gave a rundown of the company, role, salary etc. I went into the office and shadowed a Sales Rep for 30 minutes then followed by an interview with four of the sales managers there which was a little intimidating because they were all throwing questions at me. I knew right away they didn't think I would be a good fit and was walked out by one of the managers following the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced an objection and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was laid-back and informational, very responsive. In-face interview was also comfortable and laid-back. Culture and office was great. walk through with a sales rep was helpful to get the gist of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then I had to go into the office to shadow someone for an hour then interviewed with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview 2.5 hours total. I found it distracting that one of the managers was rolling his eyes and acting like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What's the biggest risk you ever took?
      How do balance work/school?   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for interviewing with Echo and taking the time to provide some feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your recruiter if you feel as if you had a negative experience interviewing. We are... More

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied after a campus career fair through a recruiter. Overall the process took about a week and a half. Pretty standard and relaxed interview. Had a phone interview and then an on-site mostly behavioral focused questions. You need to show them that you are highly motivated and can handle working in a fast paced environment.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Was contacted by HR about an interview. Interview went smoothly. Asked situational questions. Was able to shadow the client sales reps to see a taste of their world. Make sure to go over the commission and salary aspect.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous logistics experience?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in person interview where I was interviewed by a couple of managers and then I shadowed a few different people as well. After shadoing I realized the job wasn't for me.