Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.7

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for the Client Sales Representative position for Echo. I first had the phone interview with the recruiter, very basic getting to know you questions. After the phone interview I was invited for an in-office interview with two sales manager and to shadow another employee. After the interview and shadowing, I had been told by one manager that interview went very well and I would hear from the recruiter from the end of the week on the next step in the process.The end of the week showed up and I had heard nothing. I decided to call the recruiter and the number provided took me to trucker dispatch line that wasn't even related to Echo. I had reached out to one of the managers about the issue and he said he would leave a message with her to have her contact me, and still did not receive any contact. Overall, a bit of an unprofessional experience

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Pretty average experience. They will walk you around, shadow someone. If they like you they will probably choose you. There are many other similar companies out there that could be better.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

The interview was a joke. Said you where suppose to be there for 2-2.5 hours but wasn't even there for 2 hours. They only asked me a couple of questions about me and that was it. I had no idea about the job nor the company from the managers and employees. If I hadn't done the research on both I would have been in the dark. I had asked a few employees and even the managers what they like about working at Echo and they all said happy hour. I knew more about happy hour, what it contained, how often they do it, and how they get their money for it then the actual job itself. When I did have my interview with 3 different manager I had asked them about by the way company and job and that was like pulling teeth just to get any information. I did not get an offer due to not be aggressive enough. But they had no idea how aggressive I can be. I've worked for my company for over a year brought our profits up 10% last year, top 10 sales person throughout the nation, and some other things that employers would love to have. But they don't know that because they didn't ask any important questions. If you get an interview by a referral make sure you know all about that person. I was referred and they mainly asked me about that person and not me.

International and Small Parcel Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job online, the next day I received an email to schedule for phone interview. I submitted my 2-days availability on the "schedule app" as well as re-confirmed with the HR person. On the 1st day of interview, there was nobody called during the schedule time. The same as the 2nd day. So I sent email to HR to re-schedule, and tried to call the office. Nobody answered the phone. The HR person was not even reply my email until now.

It is reasonable and acceptable to consider someone as a better candidate, even just right before my interview. I understand. However, it is unprofessional to cancel an interview without notice. It is unprofessional not respond email or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• On the email: know more about my background and current job search.   Answer Question

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called me with a phone interview and scheduled the in person interview in the following week . The interview day, I met 3 different person at the office, 2 sales managers and 1 co-worker. The total process took me about 2 hours and most of the time was spent with the co-worker to have a brief understanding of the working environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to compete with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my University. I had a phone call that was very relaxed. She gave a rundown of the company, role, salary etc. I went into the office and shadowed a Sales Rep for 30 minutes then followed by an interview with four of the sales managers there which was a little intimidating because they were all throwing questions at me. I knew right away they didn't think I would be a good fit and was walked out by one of the managers following the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced an objection and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR rep contacted me within a few days (about 1-2 days). Very laid back phone interview. The HR rep walked me through the company and asked a few questions about my work history and if I would be interested in a face-to-face interview, which was set up within 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then I had to go into the office to shadow someone for an hour then interviewed with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview 2.5 hours total. I found it distracting that one of the managers was rolling his eyes and acting like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What's the biggest risk you ever took?
      How do balance work/school?   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for interviewing with Echo and taking the time to provide some feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your recruiter if you feel as if you had a negative experience interviewing. We are... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on a weekend. Was asked about phone interview availability on Monday. At end of phone interview arranged for the in-person interview for the following Monday. Met with three different people and got a very helpful opportunity to shadow the position and got a much better understanding of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did you get interested in the industry? (not exactly unexpected, but important for company to understand)   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.