Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.7

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR rep contacted me within a few days (about 1-2 days). Very laid back phone interview. The HR rep walked me through the company and asked a few questions about my work history and if I would be interested in a face-to-face interview, which was set up within 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then I had to go into the office to shadow someone for an hour then interviewed with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview 2.5 hours total. I found it distracting that one of the managers was rolling his eyes and acting like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What's the biggest risk you ever took?
      How do balance work/school?
      Answer Question

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for interviewing with Echo and taking the time to provide some feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your recruiter if you feel as if you had a negative experience interviewing. We are ... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on a weekend. Was asked about phone interview availability on Monday. At end of phone interview arranged for the in-person interview for the following Monday. Met with three different people and got a very helpful opportunity to shadow the position and got a much better understanding of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did you get interested in the industry? (not exactly unexpected, but important for company to understand)   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week.
    The recruiter called and it seemed like a horrible phone connection. There was a delay on phone, how does that happen!?
    The recruiter seemed bored right off the bat. Lots of 'yeah' 'ok great'. Pair that with the delay, total disaster.
    It's difficult to sell yourself when you don't know exactly if the person is still waiting for your response or just not responding.
    I got a lot of 'oh, I don't know' answers to my questions at the end of the interview.
    Wasn't surprised that I didn't move on to the next stage.
    Disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

This company's Nashville location has absolutely no respect for the applicant's time. It is run so flippantly and in the manner of a startup that professionalism is a bit too much to ask for. There is no diversity and the men are rude and pompous. I was called back to interview for an account executive position after another position I interviewed for 2 months ago did not work out. Their recruiter reached out to me. Shockingly enough, I was put through a really awful process where they harped on the fact that they wanted to hire an internal employee. So why am I here? Why am I wasting money on parking that you don't validate and spending 1.5 hours (3.0 hours of my life spent in their interview process overall) interviewing for a job I'm not going to get? I was really taken aback when the interviewer asked me why I had bothered interviewing for the other position 2 months ago, indicating I was just haphazardly interviewing for jobs. If you did your prep before my interview, maybe you would have remembered the extremely valid point I made. It's very rude to throw that at an applicant who gave you 3 vulnerably real and legitimate reasons they were considering a role outside their field.
    After $30 wasted on parking overall, 3 hours spent in their process overall, I don't hear back from the recruiter. The recruiter who specially reached out to me never contacts me back. All I gotta say is BYE. My experience with you guys was horrible. My dad was actively interviewing for an engineering position with Echo and he pulled out of the process. You guys are so unprincipled and I'm shocked you are still up and running so dreadfully given that there is another global logistics company in your very building.

Interview Questions

• Why did you interview for that job if you think this job would be a better fit? What are some challenges you've faced in giving negative feedback?   Answer Question

May 23, 2016

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our Nashville office. As a recruiting team we work hard to create a positive interview experience across all of our ... More

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Oxford, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy and straight forward initial interview. No questions that came out of left field. The setting was very comfortable and the interviewer was nice. I only had one interview with them, so I am not sure how the rest of the process goes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you faced a problem as a leader, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

4 in person interviews following a recruiter phone screen. 1. HR. A Senior recruiter who had become an HRG and one senior level HR person. Basic walk through the resume and behavioral based questions. ,HR Leader: Same walk through of resume plus several describe how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. , Business Partners: a few members of the Sr. Business team, Business Partners: yet another interview with same repeated questions. They could really tighten up this process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to push back on something asked of you?   1 Answer

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview. The person who called was interviewing me for a position that I hadn't applied for and absolutely wasn't qualified for. She barely asked any questions and All I did was Talk. She was dead Silent for the duration of the interview. There was no questions asked other than Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process with these jokers is not what was promised. I was promised a two-day (48 hour) turn around and what transpired was a two week ordeal. To add insult to injury, no tangible facts about a possible offer (pay, benefits or any other negotiation point) would be discussed in any amount of detail.

They are looking for leads / architects - but are expecting to pay a senior to do the job. I was asking for 130- 135K - and the max they could offer was 125-ish. Which is 7K less than my current salary. This should not have been a shock, since I informed the recruiter my current salary and my expectations at the forefront.

Advice, stay away from these jokers - they are just a bait and switch shop. It is also very obvious that they are not paying near market salary for any of their technical staff. .net programmers (senior and above) in Chicago shouldn't have an issue making 120 - 130K.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about process and design patterns. Nothing very difficult very easy interview in general.   Answer Question

Dec 8, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you so much for your time and patience during our interview process. I apologize for any miscommunication. We aim to complete the feedback collection phase of the process within 48 hours ... More