Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.7

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring experience began when a friend of mine who had been working for Echo for about a year suggested that I give him my resume, as I was (am) looking for a new job. He took my resume and gave it to the hiring coordinator, who reached out to me via email to set up a phone interview. Had the first phone interview, aced it, and got called in for a second and final interview. I met with multiple managers of different departments within the company, as well as the hiring coordinator. They finished the interview and said that they would call me back when they had an answer as to whether I would be hired or not. I was not hired.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview with contract recruiter representing the company. The person was not prepared and first ignored a previously scheduled interview and then re-scheduled after I sent an email about the originally scheduled interview. The interview was the most offensive I have encountered in my 30+ years work experience. I was told I may not be "modern" enough so beware if you are over 40 years of age. If you take a look at their website you will find most employees are much younger.

Interview Questions

• Explain something you have architectected and what did it look like?   1 Answer

Computer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with the CTO, H.R. rep, and 2 technical managers. They present you with every relevant question you should expect, focusing on their current problems/challenges and how you would fix them. They don't delve too far into a question, so speak up if you think they're assuming things. Very modern office, young staff.

Interview Questions

• What would you do your first day here? What challenges would you tackle first?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on a weekend. Was asked about phone interview availability on Monday. At end of phone interview arranged for the in-person interview for the following Monday. Met with three different people and got a very helpful opportunity to shadow the position and got a much better understanding of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did you get interested in the industry? (not exactly unexpected, but important for company to understand)   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then I had to go into the office to shadow someone for an hour then interviewed with two managers at the same time. Pretty long interview 2.5 hours total. I found it distracting that one of the managers was rolling his eyes and acting like he wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What's the biggest risk you ever took?
      How do balance work/school?
      Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for interviewing with Echo and taking the time to provide some feedback! We encourage you to reach out to your recruiter if you feel as if you had a negative experience interviewing. We are ... More

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week.
    The recruiter called and it seemed like a horrible phone connection. There was a delay on phone, how does that happen!?
    The recruiter seemed bored right off the bat. Lots of 'yeah' 'ok great'. Pair that with the delay, total disaster.
    It's difficult to sell yourself when you don't know exactly if the person is still waiting for your response or just not responding.
    I got a lot of 'oh, I don't know' answers to my questions at the end of the interview.
    Wasn't surprised that I didn't move on to the next stage.
    Disappointing.

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

4 in person interviews following a recruiter phone screen. 1. HR. A Senior recruiter who had become an HRG and one senior level HR person. Basic walk through the resume and behavioral based questions. ,HR Leader: Same walk through of resume plus several describe how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. , Business Partners: a few members of the Sr. Business team, Business Partners: yet another interview with same repeated questions. They could really tighten up this process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to push back on something asked of you?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process began with video followed by a test. They tested me on the states, their capitals and their locations. However, I noticed that everyone at their desk had a map of the U.S. as a cheat sheet. I struggled to see the relevance of the test if we were allowed maps at our desk during work. The lady who interviewed me questioned the reason I wanted to get back into sales. She asked me about my work history and experience and then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• Why I felt I didn't do well on the test.   1 Answer

Level I Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Overland Park, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

Found the job on a college job board and submitted my resume. Got a call from a recruiter a few days later. Set up an interview at their offices. Pretty laid back place. Met with two managers and then shadowed an employee that had been with the company for years. Kind of got a feel for how fast things move. After that, i was told they would reach out. About a week later i got a call from a hiring manager at corporate to set up another phone interview with the next couple of days. Had about a 15 minute interview and was told i would be hearing from them within the next few days when they had made their decision. A few days after that i received a standardized rejection letter via email.

Interview Questions

• Are you motivated by money? Why should we choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question