Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (New York, NY).

Interview

Three step interview. Phone interview first, the in person, then someone in headquarters. You speak to recruiting, your branch manager, and someone usually higher up in recruiting or management.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring experience began when a friend of mine who had been working for Echo for about a year suggested that I give him my resume, as I was (am) looking for a new job. He took my resume and gave it to the hiring coordinator, who reached out to me via email to set up a phone interview. Had the first phone interview, aced it, and got called in for a second and final interview. I met with multiple managers of different departments within the company, as well as the hiring coordinator. They finished the interview and said that they would call me back when they had an answer as to whether I would be hired or not. I was not hired.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter at another one of the branches, met with Branch Manager in Hendersonville at a temporary office, final phone interview with HR Director, second final phone interview with VP Sales. Tone of all interviews were casual but still sort of difficult becasue they put you on the spot and you were not always sure what they were looking for in questions.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your sales ability. What past experience proves you will be successful in this job? How do you deal with failure? What do you know about the industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none really. you have a base/draw until you do well enough to get commission. good enough incentive for me!

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview with contract recruiter representing the company. The person was not prepared and first ignored a previously scheduled interview and then re-scheduled after I sent an email about the originally scheduled interview. The interview was the most offensive I have encountered in my 30+ years work experience. I was told I may not be "modern" enough so beware if you are over 40 years of age. If you take a look at their website you will find most employees are much younger.

Interview Questions

• Explain something you have architectected and what did it look like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

First, I had a very brief phone conversation with a Recruiter who asked basic questions about my job search, background, future goals, strengths/weakness, failures and aptitude for a sales job. After that, I was asked into the branch office, (which is in Oldtown right by the mall) for a second interview with the same Recruiter who asked more difficult questions this time around. She put me on the spot a lot but at the same time I still felt extremely comfortable and overall the interview was very conversational. It seemed as though she was genuinely interested in the things I had to say (which was refreshing for a change compared to other companies) as well as making sure this job was the right fit for me. She was extremely knowledgeable about the company and the industry and I also enjoyed hearing about her background. Then I shadowed someone in the actual role I would be doing and met with a Senior Manager. That part was very quick, direct and to the point but he was also very enthusiastic about the industry, the company and his job/team and was very upfront and realistic about what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unmotivated to get something done and how did you get yourself back on track.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you had to influence someones point of view or decision when they may have had differing viewpoints or been reluctant to hear.   Answer Question
    • How assertive would you consider yourself? Tell me about a time you were able to positively assert yourself in a difficult situation and led by example.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you where not satisfied (or a collegue/superviosr/professor) with your personal performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick chat with the CHR in Chicago, a fairly lengthly and time consuming backgroud check with criminal, education, past employers, compensation history. Then I was told over the phone I was going to be given an offer and the Recruiter tried to feel me out as to an acceptable range. She gave me examples of what she'd seen in the past from similar candidates and emphasized Echo's strenths over other companys and helped me weigh by options.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

met recruiter and sales person at career fair, was contacted a couple weeks later for a phone interview, then set up for me to go to the office where I met with same recruiter, shadowed a rep who was really cool and funny and then met two managers, "final interview" on the phone with the head of HR in the Chicago headquarters then got a background check and the offer a couple weeks later

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you failed at a task and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they asked me questions about my other offers with diff companies-appears most kids right out of school get $35k but some who have more experience can get up to $40k? have different training classes and can choose. commission plan seems legit-uncapped-and can make bank in few years. they said expect the first year to be a brutal ramp up phase and it kind of takes awhile but get out what you put in sort of thing so worth it- im confident in my abilities so seems like a great gig

Computer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with the CTO, H.R. rep, and 2 technical managers. They present you with every relevant question you should expect, focusing on their current problems/challenges and how you would fix them. They don't delve too far into a question, so speak up if you think they're assuming things. Very modern office, young staff.

Interview Questions

• What would you do your first day here? What challenges would you tackle first?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview. Then there is an in person interview at their corporate office where you shadow someone for about an hour. It's a pretty easy process.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on a weekend. Was asked about phone interview availability on Monday. At end of phone interview arranged for the in-person interview for the following Monday. Met with three different people and got a very helpful opportunity to shadow the position and got a much better understanding of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• How did you get interested in the industry? (not exactly unexpected, but important for company to understand)   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was laid-back and informational, very responsive. In-face interview was also comfortable and laid-back. Culture and office was great. walk through with a sales rep was helpful to get the gist of the position.