Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.5

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Pretty average experience. They will walk you around, shadow someone. If they like you they will probably choose you. There are many other similar companies out there that could be better.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

The interview was a joke. Said you where suppose to be there for 2-2.5 hours but wasn't even there for 2 hours. They only asked me a couple of questions about me and that was it. I had no idea about the job nor the company from the managers and employees. If I hadn't done the research on both I would have been in the dark. I had asked a few employees and even the managers what they like about working at Echo and they all said happy hour. I knew more about happy hour, what it contained, how often they do it, and how they get their money for it then the actual job itself. When I did have my interview with 3 different manager I had asked them about by the way company and job and that was like pulling teeth just to get any information. I did not get an offer due to not be aggressive enough. But they had no idea how aggressive I can be. I've worked for my company for over a year brought our profits up 10% last year, top 10 sales person throughout the nation, and some other things that employers would love to have. But they don't know that because they didn't ask any important questions. If you get an interview by a referral make sure you know all about that person. I was referred and they mainly asked me about that person and not me.

International and Small Parcel Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job online, the next day I received an email to schedule for phone interview. I submitted my 2-days availability on the "schedule app" as well as re-confirmed with the HR person. On the 1st day of interview, there was nobody called during the schedule time. The same as the 2nd day. So I sent email to HR to re-schedule, and tried to call the office. Nobody answered the phone. The HR person was not even reply my email until now.

It is reasonable and acceptable to consider someone as a better candidate, even just right before my interview. I understand. However, it is unprofessional to cancel an interview without notice. It is unprofessional not respond email or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• On the email: know more about my background and current job search.   Answer Question

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called me with a phone interview and scheduled the in person interview in the following week . The interview day, I met 3 different person at the office, 2 sales managers and 1 co-worker. The total process took me about 2 hours and most of the time was spent with the co-worker to have a brief understanding of the working environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to compete with others?   1 Answer

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my University. I had a phone call that was very relaxed. She gave a rundown of the company, role, salary etc. I went into the office and shadowed a Sales Rep for 30 minutes then followed by an interview with four of the sales managers there which was a little intimidating because they were all throwing questions at me. I knew right away they didn't think I would be a good fit and was walked out by one of the managers following the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced an objection and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then was brought in for a face to face interview. During the in person, I shadowed another AE and then spoke with the sales manager. The process did not take long to get through and they did not drag their feet on letting me know if I got the job. Though I did receive an offer, I appreciated them letting me know in a timely manners

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a series of 3 interviews with 4 different people. One taking over 2 hours. It flowed right along as they are anxious to get new people in frequently.

Interview Questions

• What was my level of commitment to the opportunity. How long did I plan on working there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Probably the worst hiring experience I've ever experienced. Echo should honestly be ashamed of themselves...

I went through a 2 month process. Yes, you read that right. TWO MONTHS of back and forth communication with HR and phone interviews. I went through 6-7 phone interviews and a video interview with various departments. Was told I was being considered for many positions and they were just trying to find out where I would best fit. Turns out the Systems Automation Engineer was what they thought I would best be suited for given my experience and technical skills. Great, that's the position that most interested me given the other possibilities.

The time comes to discuss starting pay and they offer $58,000...for a position in downtown Chicago. Almost $20,000 below the national average salary for this position. When I told them that I needed at least a minimum of $75,000 (which I had also told HR was my minimum salary on the FIRST phone interview) for the city they acted like that number was just insane to ask for. HR said they'd call me back to discuss and it's now been a week and a half with no call. They ghosted me after low balling me. Stay classy, Echo.

I think I have figured out Echo's employment strategy: They pride their young and exciting culture - They prey on new graduates that are too young and naive to know anything better. If I had to guess I'd say their turnover is through the roof. Look at the salaries for all other positions. $30k to work in downtown Chicago, what??? Echo is a joke.

A $2 billion company that can't afford to pay market value for a position and ghosts people that ask for what they're worth? PASS!!!

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview. Then there is an in person interview at their corporate office where you shadow someone for about an hour. It's a pretty easy process.

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the HR rep contacted me within a few days (about 1-2 days). Very laid back phone interview. The HR rep walked me through the company and asked a few questions about my work history and if I would be interested in a face-to-face interview, which was set up within 2 days.