Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.5

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Troy, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for the Client Sales Representative position for Echo. I first had the phone interview with the recruiter, very basic getting to know you questions. After the phone interview I was invited for an in-office interview with two sales manager and to shadow another employee. After the interview and shadowing, I had been told by one manager that interview went very well and I would hear from the recruiter from the end of the week on the next step in the process.The end of the week showed up and I had heard nothing. I decided to call the recruiter and the number provided took me to trucker dispatch line that wasn't even related to Echo. I had reached out to one of the managers about the issue and he said he would leave a message with her to have her contact me, and still did not receive any contact. Overall, a bit of an unprofessional experience

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty Straight forward interview:
     1 phone interview lasting about half an hour
    1 in person interview lasting a little over an hour when you had to come into the office, just have to talk about who you are and what you want to do at the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The interview was set up for the following day, in person interview was completed in less than a week.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First call by recruiter then you are called for a phone interview. After this you are brought in for a in person interview and a shadow day. During the shadow day they ask what you observed and if they like what you said you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it will be difficult to stay focussed while dialing phones all day?   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Pretty average experience. They will walk you around, shadow someone. If they like you they will probably choose you. There are many other similar companies out there that could be better.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

The interview was a joke. Said you where suppose to be there for 2-2.5 hours but wasn't even there for 2 hours. They only asked me a couple of questions about me and that was it. I had no idea about the job nor the company from the managers and employees. If I hadn't done the research on both I would have been in the dark. I had asked a few employees and even the managers what they like about working at Echo and they all said happy hour. I knew more about happy hour, what it contained, how often they do it, and how they get their money for it then the actual job itself. When I did have my interview with 3 different manager I had asked them about by the way company and job and that was like pulling teeth just to get any information. I did not get an offer due to not be aggressive enough. But they had no idea how aggressive I can be. I've worked for my company for over a year brought our profits up 10% last year, top 10 sales person throughout the nation, and some other things that employers would love to have. But they don't know that because they didn't ask any important questions. If you get an interview by a referral make sure you know all about that person. I was referred and they mainly asked me about that person and not me.

International and Small Parcel Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job online, the next day I received an email to schedule for phone interview. I submitted my 2-days availability on the "schedule app" as well as re-confirmed with the HR person. On the 1st day of interview, there was nobody called during the schedule time. The same as the 2nd day. So I sent email to HR to re-schedule, and tried to call the office. Nobody answered the phone. The HR person was not even reply my email until now.

It is reasonable and acceptable to consider someone as a better candidate, even just right before my interview. I understand. However, it is unprofessional to cancel an interview without notice. It is unprofessional not respond email or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• On the email: know more about my background and current job search.   Answer Question

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called me with a phone interview and scheduled the in person interview in the following week . The interview day, I met 3 different person at the office, 2 sales managers and 1 co-worker. The total process took me about 2 hours and most of the time was spent with the co-worker to have a brief understanding of the working environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to compete with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through my University. I had a phone call that was very relaxed. She gave a rundown of the company, role, salary etc. I went into the office and shadowed a Sales Rep for 30 minutes then followed by an interview with four of the sales managers there which was a little intimidating because they were all throwing questions at me. I knew right away they didn't think I would be a good fit and was walked out by one of the managers following the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced an objection and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then was brought in for a face to face interview. During the in person, I shadowed another AE and then spoke with the sales manager. The process did not take long to get through and they did not drag their feet on letting me know if I got the job. Though I did receive an offer, I appreciated them letting me know in a timely manners