Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Oxford, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy and straight forward initial interview. No questions that came out of left field. The setting was very comfortable and the interviewer was nice. I only had one interview with them, so I am not sure how the rest of the process goes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you faced a problem as a leader, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

4 in person interviews following a recruiter phone screen. 1. HR. A Senior recruiter who had become an HRG and one senior level HR person. Basic walk through the resume and behavioral based questions. ,HR Leader: Same walk through of resume plus several describe how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. , Business Partners: a few members of the Sr. Business team, Business Partners: yet another interview with same repeated questions. They could really tighten up this process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to push back on something asked of you?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then was brought in for a face to face interview. During the in person, I shadowed another AE and then spoke with the sales manager. The process did not take long to get through and they did not drag their feet on letting me know if I got the job. Though I did receive an offer, I appreciated them letting me know in a timely manners

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview. The person who called was interviewing me for a position that I hadn't applied for and absolutely wasn't qualified for. She barely asked any questions and All I did was Talk. She was dead Silent for the duration of the interview. There was no questions asked other than Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process with these jokers is not what was promised. I was promised a two-day (48 hour) turn around and what transpired was a two week ordeal. To add insult to injury, no tangible facts about a possible offer (pay, benefits or any other negotiation point) would be discussed in any amount of detail.

They are looking for leads / architects - but are expecting to pay a senior to do the job. I was asking for 130- 135K - and the max they could offer was 125-ish. Which is 7K less than my current salary. This should not have been a shock, since I informed the recruiter my current salary and my expectations at the forefront.

Advice, stay away from these jokers - they are just a bait and switch shop. It is also very obvious that they are not paying near market salary for any of their technical staff. .net programmers (senior and above) in Chicago shouldn't have an issue making 120 - 130K.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about process and design patterns. Nothing very difficult very easy interview in general.   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Dec 8, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you so much for your time and patience during our interview process. I apologize for any miscommunication. We aim to complete the feedback collection phase of the process within 48 hours... More

Level I Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Overland Park, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

Found the job on a college job board and submitted my resume. Got a call from a recruiter a few days later. Set up an interview at their offices. Pretty laid back place. Met with two managers and then shadowed an employee that had been with the company for years. Kind of got a feel for how fast things move. After that, i was told they would reach out. About a week later i got a call from a hiring manager at corporate to set up another phone interview with the next couple of days. Had about a 15 minute interview and was told i would be hearing from them within the next few days when they had made their decision. A few days after that i received a standardized rejection letter via email.

Interview Questions

• Are you motivated by money? Why should we choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process began with video followed by a test. They tested me on the states, their capitals and their locations. However, I noticed that everyone at their desk had a map of the U.S. as a cheat sheet. I struggled to see the relevance of the test if we were allowed maps at our desk during work. The lady who interviewed me questioned the reason I wanted to get back into sales. She asked me about my work history and experience and then the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• Why I felt I didn't do well on the test.   1 Answer

Logistics I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview. I was on the phone for 20 minutes with the interviewer. I was not contacted after that call. I did ask for an answer either way.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring experience began when a friend of mine who had been working for Echo for about a year suggested that I give him my resume, as I was (am) looking for a new job. He took my resume and gave it to the hiring coordinator, who reached out to me via email to set up a phone interview. Had the first phone interview, aced it, and got called in for a second and final interview. I met with multiple managers of different departments within the company, as well as the hiring coordinator. They finished the interview and said that they would call me back when they had an answer as to whether I would be hired or not. I was not hired.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with two different employees within a two week span. They were very laid back phone calls asking about myself and why I was interested in the job. I then got asked to interview in person. I got a tour of the building then met with a manager and then got the opportunity to shadow a current operations specialist. After the shadow, I interviewed with another manager.