Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

3 step process, starts with recruiter which is basic 30 minute interview, then you visit branch or hq and shadow for an hour before having an hour interview with the managers. Then if necessary another interview with someone higher. Easy interview, nice people.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy that you had a positive interview experience with our sales team. Your opinion is important to us, and we are lucky to have you as a part of the Echo team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

This company's Nashville location has absolutely no respect for the applicant's time. It is run so flippantly and in the manner of a startup that professionalism is a bit too much to ask for. There is no diversity and the men are rude and pompous. I was called back to interview for an account executive position after another position I interviewed for 2 months ago did not work out. Their recruiter reached out to me. Shockingly enough, I was put through a really awful process where they harped on the fact that they wanted to hire an internal employee. So why am I here? Why am I wasting money on parking that you don't validate and spending 1.5 hours (3.0 hours of my life spent in their interview process overall) interviewing for a job I'm not going to get? I was really taken aback when the interviewer asked me why I had bothered interviewing for the other position 2 months ago, indicating I was just haphazardly interviewing for jobs. If you did your prep before my interview, maybe you would have remembered the extremely valid point I made. It's very rude to throw that at an applicant who gave you 3 vulnerably real and legitimate reasons they were considering a role outside their field.
    After $30 wasted on parking overall, 3 hours spent in their process overall, I don't hear back from the recruiter. The recruiter who specially reached out to me never contacts me back. All I gotta say is BYE. My experience with you guys was horrible. My dad was actively interviewing for an engineering position with Echo and he pulled out of the process. You guys are so unprincipled and I'm shocked you are still up and running so dreadfully given that there is another global logistics company in your very building.

Interview Questions

• Why did you interview for that job if you think this job would be a better fit? What are some challenges you've faced in giving negative feedback?   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

May 23, 2016

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our Nashville office. As a recruiting team we work hard to create a positive interview experience across all of our ... More

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was laid-back and informational, very responsive. In-face interview was also comfortable and laid-back. Culture and office was great. walk through with a sales rep was helpful to get the gist of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied after a campus career fair through a recruiter. Overall the process took about a week and a half. Pretty standard and relaxed interview. Had a phone interview and then an on-site mostly behavioral focused questions. You need to show them that you are highly motivated and can handle working in a fast paced environment.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Oxford, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy and straight forward initial interview. No questions that came out of left field. The setting was very comfortable and the interviewer was nice. I only had one interview with them, so I am not sure how the rest of the process goes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you faced a problem as a leader, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

4 in person interviews following a recruiter phone screen. 1. HR. A Senior recruiter who had become an HRG and one senior level HR person. Basic walk through the resume and behavioral based questions. ,HR Leader: Same walk through of resume plus several describe how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. , Business Partners: a few members of the Sr. Business team, Business Partners: yet another interview with same repeated questions. They could really tighten up this process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to push back on something asked of you?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I came into the office to meet the recruiter and 3 other Echo employees: another AE, an operations manager and an account manager. All three people need to give you the thumbs up if you are going to be hired. I heard back quickly after that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on customer service- how you would handle a tough situation with a client, etc.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Phone screen was very basic walk through resume discussion. Questions were behavior based and very conversational which made the overall experience very enjoyable and not very stressful. I was told at the end of the call that I would move on to the next round for an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was invited to have an in-office interview which went very smoothly. I got shown around the office and give some background of the company and the position. I was told that I should hear back from them within two days. I got an email saying that I made it to the final step, and I just had to complete a short, and very easy assessment test.

About a week later I got a call saying they were offering me the position, and within 5 mins after the phone call I got my offer letter via email with all information regarding benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to see yourself within the company?   1 Answer

Logistics Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview. The person who called was interviewing me for a position that I hadn't applied for and absolutely wasn't qualified for. She barely asked any questions and All I did was Talk. She was dead Silent for the duration of the interview. There was no questions asked other than Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer