Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was an initial phone screening followed by an in office interview and a 30 minute job shadow. The phone screening was very relaxed. It was more of an info session

Entry Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I started with a referral from a friend which got me an initial phone interview after that I did a quick online application. About a month later I did an In person Interview with 2 different people. Another month after that was a final phone interview with Sales VP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral and was contacted immediately to set up a phone interview. It lasted about twenty minutes and the woman was very nice, asking straightforward interview questions that centered more on personality characteristics/future goals rather than past experiences. She spent five to ten minutes talking about the training program at the end and providing valuable insight into the position. Was invited for an in-person interview but I accepted a different opportunity.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Saw job posting online and submitted application. Got an email from HR to set up a phone screening interview within a couple days. Easy phone call to set up. 15 minute conversation with general job screening questions about your background and information about the position. Was contacted in a couple days to set up an on-site interview with hiring manager. Easy to set up on-site interview. Info was provided for arriving at location if taking the train, walking or driving to location. Had brief training session with would-be co-workers followed by 30 minute interview with hiring manager. This was more indepth about the industry and my background. Brought in another manager for brief meeting and additional interview questions. Finally his manager with a brief meeting and couple more interview questions. Relaxed office environment with relaxed but professional interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Was contacted by HR about an interview. Interview went smoothly. Asked situational questions. Was able to shadow the client sales reps to see a taste of their world. Make sure to go over the commission and salary aspect.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous logistics experience?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Schedule a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. Went in for a face to face. Shadowed a current client sales rep for 15 minutes, met with 2 recruiters and the sale manager. The best part was the mock sales call to the sales manager. You had to act like you were recruiting a current high school junior to come to your college. I killed it

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to succeed in Sales?
      What qualities do you believe a successful sales person has?
      Why do you want to work in Logistics?
      What do you do in your free time?
      Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process with these jokers is not what was promised. I was promised a two-day (48 hour) turn around and what transpired was a two week ordeal. To add insult to injury, no tangible facts about a possible offer (pay, benefits or any other negotiation point) would be discussed in any amount of detail.

They are looking for leads / architects - but are expecting to pay a senior to do the job. I was asking for 130- 135K - and the max they could offer was 125-ish. Which is 7K less than my current salary. This should not have been a shock, since I informed the recruiter my current salary and my expectations at the forefront.

Advice, stay away from these jokers - they are just a bait and switch shop. It is also very obvious that they are not paying near market salary for any of their technical staff. .net programmers (senior and above) in Chicago shouldn't have an issue making 120 - 130K.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about process and design patterns. Nothing very difficult very easy interview in general.   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Dec 8, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you so much for your time and patience during our interview process. I apologize for any miscommunication. We aim to complete the feedback collection phase of the process within 48 hours ... More

Anonymous Employee in Port Sanilac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Port Sanilac, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

2 interview process that was very informative and comfortable. I enjoyed the interviews and got all my questions answered without hesitation. Working environment looked great and people worked well together from what I witnessed.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Dec 7, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your interview experience! Great to hear you felt comfortable and all of your questions were answered.

Logistics Broker Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview followed by one in-person interview. The Interviewers and employees were exceptionally nice. While the interview process was professional and smooth, I found that after experiencing the day to days of the job I no longer was interested. Good company for a college grad to get a good start at.

Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. 1 phone screen and 1 onsite interview.