Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.5

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Watsonville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

We had an open conversation about the trucking industry and my on the job experience. Scenarios thrown out for discussion on how I would handle and what steps would I take to be successful. I was asked general questions on my lifestyle, activities, involvements and direction for personal goals. It was open and casual.

Interview Questions

• How confident am I in my skills and understanding of legalities   1 Answer

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Quick interview process. Did a phone interview and an in-person interview in the same week. Phone interview took the standard amount of time (30sih min). Interview at their office took a couple of hours. Everyone that works there was super cool and easy to talk to. Sat with a total of 4 different people, individually.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

i was with a company that Echo acquired so there was no interview. But i have seen many people go through the interview process. Before you interview you shadow another sales rep for a while then you have a one on one with the managers. At least that is how it is at this branch.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

3 step process, starts with recruiter which is basic 30 minute interview, then you visit branch or hq and shadow for an hour before having an hour interview with the managers. Then if necessary another interview with someone higher. Easy interview, nice people.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy that you had a positive interview experience with our sales team. Your opinion is important to us, and we are lucky to have you as a part of the Echo team!

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After the phone screen, I was told that the HR coordinator would contact me to set-up a face to face interview. I didn't hear from the coordinator until a couple days later. She asked availablity, and I responded immediately. Radio silence until mid afternoon the day before the interview was supposed to be scheduled. I am currenly working, and they should know that candidates that have a job need to provide their current employers a bit of notice to take some time off.

The day of the interview, I was early. My name was not provided to security so I was unable to enter. I stood at the front desk for a good 5 minutes, when the security guard tells me to call up to the office so they can put my name of the list. I do as instructed, and the receptionist tells me she has to confirm my interview first. I stood at the security desk for another 10 mins or so before I was allowed up.

I met with 3 indivduals, they all seemed friendly, however the first individual I met with seemed more interested in what was going on the other side of the glass behind me. She really didn't seem too interested in anything I had to say. At the end of it all, I felt I did well, regardless of everything leading up to the interview. I was provided the business card of the 1st individual I met with, no one else's. As a courtesy, I sent a thank you email to that individual, thanking them for their time, and expressing my interest in the position and asking about next steps. It's been about a week, and not even an acknolwedgment to my email. This is not good practice. You can lose a lot of great candidates by having the wrong people in these types of positions, also, to have such a robust recruiting department, the process should be very streamlined, and clearly it is not. I am very disappointed in the manner this whole interview process was handled, and will not likely accept a position here, even if it was offered at this point.

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were very routine. Nothing difficult or unexpected to report.   Answer Question

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and positive interview experience and we apologize you left with a negative perception. During your interview, we... More

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick, and Simple, it was so easy to impress the Scottsdale, AZ carrier manager. My friends told me as long as your a single female you will definitely get hired!!

Interview Questions

• Are you over 18 yrs old? Are you single? Do you Drink? Well then, your hired!   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply on their website, receive an initial phone interview with the recruiter, multiple face to face interviews with different tiers in management. Final part was the offer in which they provide a base salary and you have an opportunity to accept, counter, or deny. I received a phone call with an offer from the director of the department and countered, he agreed and we moved forward with the final paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of adversity you overcame in a professional situation.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week.
    The recruiter called and it seemed like a horrible phone connection. There was a delay on phone, how does that happen!?
    The recruiter seemed bored right off the bat. Lots of 'yeah' 'ok great'. Pair that with the delay, total disaster.
    It's difficult to sell yourself when you don't know exactly if the person is still waiting for your response or just not responding.
    I got a lot of 'oh, I don't know' answers to my questions at the end of the interview.
    Wasn't surprised that I didn't move on to the next stage.
    Disappointing.

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

4 in person interviews following a recruiter phone screen. 1. HR. A Senior recruiter who had become an HRG and one senior level HR person. Basic walk through the resume and behavioral based questions. ,HR Leader: Same walk through of resume plus several describe how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. , Business Partners: a few members of the Sr. Business team, Business Partners: yet another interview with same repeated questions. They could really tighten up this process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to push back on something asked of you?   1 Answer

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Oxford, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy and straight forward initial interview. No questions that came out of left field. The setting was very comfortable and the interviewer was nice. I only had one interview with them, so I am not sure how the rest of the process goes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you faced a problem as a leader, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question