Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Echo Global Logistics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

I was referred to Echo by a friend of an employee. I applied online and was immediately asked to set up a phone interview. After passing the initial phone screening, I was informed that the VP of Sales was in town from Chicago and they wanted me to schedule a time to come in. After meeting with him and going over my experience, I received a call from him on his personal phone, asked me why I would want this position if my background was more "Analytical." I responded questioning his career path, since he was a German major (Ballsy at the time)? After allowing him to answer the question, I said that I was interested in a career change and if he gave me a shot, I would be able to bring my analytical skills to a table, providing a cross-functional approach to a career in Logistic and Logistic Sales. At the time, it was the midst of the Great Recession and jobs were scarce so I was open for anything.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given that your background was in Accounting, I just don't feel like you would like this line of work. Please explain why the career change and what you would bring to the table?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy. Talked about myself and my logistics experience. 2 phone interviews, first with recruiter which are mostly behavioral questions. Then phone interview with Branch Operations Manager and new Operations Manager. Couple questions and was Operations Manager immediately invited into in person interview. Young managements and although it will be nice to work with, other than them being with the company for a couple years, they don't have that much more experience than you do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy negotiation. Very small increase and couldn't meet me with $1,000 short of my minimum salary requirement. I accepted because was convinced Bonus would take me there.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Very relaxed - they want to make sure you are able to hold a normal conversation. It is not an easy job so they actually try to scare you away. They don't want anyone coming in who doesn't know what they'll be up against.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

First I met with a recruiter on campus and they followed up with a phone interview. The HR recruiter is educated and well-mannered but when I got to their Dallas office I got to see a different side of the company. The place was messy (i.e. trash cans overflowing, interviewing table had old food on it, kind of depressing sight in general), the sales managers who interviewed me were wearing wrinkled t-shirts, jeans, and had a general "disheveled" appearance about them. It seemed as though they were doing me the favor of interviewing me as it sounded like they were reading off of a script and payed no interest to my responses.

I'm glad I went to this interview because it will serve as good experience for a company I do NOT want to work for. I know I'm fresh out of college but I have more worth than working at Echo Global.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Branch Manager

Thank you for coming to visit the Dallas office! We often like to reward our employees with things like free breakfast tacos and Potbelly or pizza for lunch. Sadly, buying food for 70 people means ... More

Client Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: Basic personality questions, not to stressful and the interviewers are very nice and easy to talk to

On location meeting with job shadow included: hour for the job shadow to get a rough idea of what on the job looks like. Afterwards, 1 on 1 interview with HR rep to discuss prospects personality as well as past experiences.

One week to two for notification whether you are hired or not. Then negotiate pay and what not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

What is your biggest success in your experience?

How do you handle rejection? Maintain motivation?

What experiences and personality contribute to a successful business man?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No moving fees, no signing bonus, and I personality was not "able" to negotiate.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online at their website. Got email from corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview. We talked on the phone for about 20 mins, it looked like she did not read my resume. Pretty standard questions from manual. Got an email two weeks later saying they chose someone else.

Client Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2015.

Interview

This was one of those things that went bad from the beginning. Applied online through university career center. Phone interview. I was called much earlier than the scheduled time. Then I'm being interviewed for a different job than what I applied for and discussed during email exchanges. I don't think my resume was looked at before the call. Typical behavioral type questions. The person seemed like she could care less and sounded like she was reading from a script. I can see now from the reviews that this company is very disorganized. I wasn't surprised when I got the email saying they went with an other candidate.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What is one thing you would say people misconceive about you? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Apr 15, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We offer a few different entry- level positions and work closely with each candidate during the interview process to provide insight on all the options available and find ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

Interviewing process was very easy. First there is the phone interview which is pretty basic and after that they'll invite you to one of their offices to shadow a current sales person for about a half hour. After the shadow, you'll be interviewed by someone in HR and in my interview I was asked questions more about my past and character. The second and last interview is when they ask a bit more complicated questions but nothing to dramatic.

Client Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview

I took two phone interviews before being invited into the Chicago office, both were pretty low pressure and more about my personality and career goals. Next I sat in with a current sales rep for about half an hour observing daily work, then interviewed with HR person for another half hour, and finally a client sales manager for about 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about why I wanted to work for them and in the transportation logistics industry, definitely helps to know lots about the company.   Answer Question

Apr 15, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for the very thoughtful and thorough review!

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Echo Global Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter messed up the scheduling of the first phone interview, so while I was waiting for a phone call to come in, I got an email saying he messed up and needed to reschedule. I was annoyed, but was polite and we rescheduled. Again, the time came for the phone interview and I was left waiting. I got another email from the woman that would have conducted the interview herself rather than the recruiter. She apologized and said she was stuck in a meeting. We rescheduled for a third time and we finally conducted the interview.

There were pretty basic questions that were asked and I thought the interview actually went very well.

Interview Questions

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 15, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks so much for writing a review of your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with us, I apologize for any mix-up in scheduling. We strive to call candidates on time, despite ... More