EchoStar Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EchoStar Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in May 2009.

Interview

The initial interview was at a college recruiting fair. It was basic, general educational/work background. After a month, I was flown out to Denver for on-site interview. There I had a number of 1:1 interviews, a couple competency tests, and a 2 hour group interview where I was insulted by one of the participants numerous times. Very uncomfortable environment

Interview Questions

• From looking at your resume it appears you just go along with whatever anyone tells you to do, so why are you here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EchoStar

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar in September 2008.

Interview

I met them at a job fair. Scheduled an interview. Interview went great and I was sent off for a basic skills test and then a drug test. 2 weeks or so later I was called and offered the position. Initially everyone seemed very nice and cordial. They gave me a tour of the facility which was very impressive.

Interview Questions

• Your experience though similar to the technology we use is not directly used here. What can you tell us that would make us think you could be successful here.   1 Answer

I eventually declined them because there were not willing to budge on the schedule. In all fairness to them I did know about the positions schedule but didn't realize how strict they were in adhering to it.
    I have since been blacklisted from that company as no one from HR returns my emails or calls regarding other positions that they have posted.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EchoStar in January 2010.

Interview

Two phone interviews, with HR and hiring manager. Basic HR questions such as your weaknesses and strengths, nothing too bad. The other phone interview consisted with questions related to your previous work. Then in person interviews and a 1 hour long skill test. Lots of questions related to your previous work.
    For the skills test, make sure you prepare and start hitting the books. It covers quite a lot from digital logic, to BJT transistor circuits, power electronics, and some op amp applications.

Interview Questions

• What would you say three of your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • I saw asked to draw the schematic of a circuit that I worked on.   1 Answer