EchoStar Engineering Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EchoStar (Gilbert, AZ) in December 2009.

Interview

Received call from recruiter asking very broad questions about my experience, reasons for applying and salary requirements. Recruiter was very friendly and explained a bit about posted qualifications and what job duties would be.
A few days later received call from a manager and set up a phone interview. Phone interview started with manager asking me to tell him about my life. Manager then asked me to ask questions. I asked manager to talk about who the Echostar Gilbert, AZ facility provides services to and how the uplink services business fits into the Echostar group of companies. I did not get answer to these questions. All I heard about was how Echostar is in business to make money and that only the big company investors should be concerned with this info. I was also told that I was asking questions to only find out what Echostar can do for me. It only went downhill from here. I was asked my nationality, if I was a natural born citizen and where I grew up. Answered these questions and I asked relevance of questions and was given a reply that just because I may not fit into position I was being interviewed for that did not mean I may not fit into other positions at Echostar. Was only asked one technical question the entire interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Seems to me that Echostar does not train their managers on proper interview questions or on how to present the company to potential candidates. Maybe this was just a bad apple manager in the Echostar company tree or it could be the norm based on reviews I found by Echostar employees and former employees on this web site and others. Do your research and weigh the good and bad info you find about Echostar before considering applying for Echostar. After I applied for the Engineering Technician position I did some research and the bad outweighed the good. This was confirmed by this horrible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your nationality and where did you grow up?   2 Answers