EchoStar Interview Questions in Englewood, CO | Glassdoor

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Initial HR followed by onsite interview with the individual team members. Once the interview is clear they ask for SAT type math, English and problem solving questions. The process took 1 month to complete. References will be needed along with Drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a difference in the organization   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Typical Interview - very friendly. It was with the department manager and a supervisor for the position I applied for. Although it took five months to find out if I had the job

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background and skills - the interview was in 2001 so I do not remember specifics   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I sat in with a group of four other engineers for about an hour and a half. The team all took turns asking questions about the experiences I listed in my resume and my knowledge on abstract data structures such as the heap and the stack. They also asked me about my knowledge in C, including evaluating a macro. Following that, they gave me some sample code written in C and asked me to see what was wrong with the code. There was one whiteboarding problem at the end.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that would reverse the characters of a char array.   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between the volatile and the const keywords?   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

30 minute non-technical phone screen, then in-person. The in-person interview was conducted onsite. I showed up on time. They did not. Dipal, the QA manager showed up at the end of the interview. In the meantime, 2 other Indian QA engineers interviewed me. They asked questions which were relevant to the job & many that weren't. Afterwards, they explained they wanted to gauge where my limitations are. However, during the interview, they hammered me with questions that were far outside my level of expertise which made me very nervous to the point where I didn't answer questions I knew the answers to as well as I should have. Be prepared for this, especially if you are a U.S. citizen.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL query to find the nth largest element in a column and include in this result that element's characteristics from table B.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Submit resume, application and personality test, wait 4 months, have a phone interview, wait 3 weeks. Go in for interview with manager and team members, and take mock test. Get told they want to hire you, but wait 2 weeks for HR to finalize it. Receive offer, reject it and wait 3 more weeks for counteroffer. It is a very convoluted process currently.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, seemed to be pulled from some generic website minutes before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always reject the first offer and counteroffer. They offer some piddly salary at first to see if you take it.

Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted a few weeks after submitting my application online. I went through an initial phone interview followed by an in person panel interview, and finally a panel style phone interview at the end. Overall the process was great. Everyone from the person who called me initially, to the front desk, to the interviewers was pleasant, forthcoming, and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Would I deviate from established processes if I knew a better way or to save time, etc.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

I took a test online as part of the application process, before being called for the interview. The test is a weed out. After being called to interview, I went in and there was an onsite test to check basic abilities, it was multiple choice and timed. I interviewed with 3 people all asking questions. One person was the supervisor that I'd be working under. Then, I was told that they would contact me with a decision. I got a call within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• It's been a long time, so I don't remember many specific questions that they ask. I seem to remember that there were general questions about my work history and being asked to describe how I had handled prior work issues.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

Very good interview process. I had a phone interview followed by a one on one interview which was followed by an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of three interviews. I was asked questions like
    1) Linux questions, like child processes etc.
    2) Some basic data structure questions.
    3) Network based questions, such as how routing works, how do you deal with low bandwidth scenarios etc...

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone conference interviews, no face interview. Both phone interviews consisted of behavioral interview questions. The first interview consisted of a manager and team member, the second consisted of two managers. Inquiry of technical skills pertaining to Microsoft Office as well as related industry experience. Lack of communication, expectations, and direction within the department; no department-specific job training offered. No prior goal or project established. Internship did offer some perks that a regular new hire wouldn't receive such as: Low Ropes leadership and team building, company specific training courses, and company networking opportunities. Employees did not seem to have a positive attitude about their company; numerous employees warned to consider other opportunities. Culture was confusing and indecisive. At first the department expected 45 hours per week, then it was stated from another internal source not to work over 40 due to being an hourly employee.

Interview Questions

• various behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Housing was negotiated to be provided separate to pay.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

I had applied for a multiple Senior Business Analyst openings. The phone inter view was with the IT Recruiter who asked me some Business Analyst question and then I was told that I would have my resume forwarded to multiple hiring managers. At the end of the phone interview I discussed the salary range and the IT Recruiter specifically asked me if the range for Sr BA would work. It was within the market range and I agreed.
    I had to complete some skills and Intelligence testing online after my talk with the recruiter. I got a call two weeks later for a on-site interview with two Managers. I had to complete another Test before the interview. I completed the interview and I was offered the position by one of the manager within an hour. I got the call when I arrived home.
    Next I had to complete a Drug test and did not hear back for about two weeks. I knew the IT Recruiter was preganent and thus expected some delay. I got a call back with the news that another IT Recruiter was talking over my hiring process. The new IT Recruiter asked to fill out my salary history which I had left blank.
    I was offered the position of Program Manager after 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

I was offered a salary which not even close to the market value. I mean they were off by a mile. I was shocked. I asked what was the reason behind the salary reduction from the original conversation and the answer was that I would be paid based on my last salary. I explained that they were not hiring my last salary but rather my experience. I asked that I be hired based on critical goals within time lines so I could get to the market value; to prove my worth.
     I had three interviews going and I decided not to go with Echostar. I figured if I could not trust them with their word on my first experience I did not want more of the same. It was great learning experience and I guess I am qualified for to be a Program Manager.