EchoStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Embedded Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EchoStar in December 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview process asking about basic C, OS, Networking. Asked about resume, projects. Interviewer was in hurry. What is the deference between a semaphore and a mutex

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in October 2016.

Interview

Got engaged in a phone interview. The guy was going through my resume on the phone, asking me some random questions about java. He also asked me about how multithreading and priorities work in java. Stuff like what will you do if you stuck in a program ? What steps will you take to debug?

Interview Questions

• variable types in java and the difference between them. private, public..etc   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (American Fork, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

First there was an initial phone interview with an internal recruiter. She went through all of my work history asking the standard questions about how my experience it fit with the position I am being interviewed for. Usually there is another phone interview with the hiring manager however I was recommended to move on to a face to face which was scheduled with in a week of speaking with her. They had me take a personality test and a logic test. Nothing too hard however you need to dedicated at least 1 hour to finish it.

The second interview had multiple rounds and lasted several hours. It started with a 15 minute interview with the hiring manager. Next was a panel interview with several team members. There were questions about my experience, how I would handle several situations and questions about me and my personality.

I was called back to a third interview where I met several more members where it was more of the same. Questions about my experience, how I would handle several situations and questions about me and my personality. Lastly I met with an executive who asked me about how to create a project plan, then from that project plan how to estimate the tasks, then how to manage the project.

Over all the interview process was not difficult however I get the feeling they are looking for people who are willing to work more than 40 hours, willing to work for below average pay, and accept below than average benefits. I did not get offered the the position because they have a policy that everyone in the interview process must unanimously choose the candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle the situation when one executive has a project you are working on and they suddenly switch projects on you.   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

30 minute non-technical phone screen, then in-person. The in-person interview was conducted onsite. I showed up on time. They did not. Dipal, the QA manager showed up at the end of the interview. In the meantime, 2 other Indian QA engineers interviewed me. They asked questions which were relevant to the job & many that weren't. Afterwards, they explained they wanted to gauge where my limitations are. However, during the interview, they hammered me with questions that were far outside my level of expertise which made me very nervous to the point where I didn't answer questions I knew the answers to as well as I should have. Be prepared for this, especially if you are a U.S. citizen.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL query to find the nth largest element in a column and include in this result that element's characteristics from table B.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Discussed behavioral, projects, career goals. I thought it went well but never heard anything back even after a follow up. No technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Applied through college and Got a 1 hour long phone interview. Average technical questions in Java, DBMS, Linux. Was told they would get back to me in a couple days. Got a reject after 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EchoStar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The whole interview was a little more than an hour. First, discussed about projects and experience. Then lots of technical questions. I was asked questions about database, linux, network, object oriented design, web service, one coding question, and 3 sql quesy questions. The coding question is to find top two numbers in an array without sort.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

applied in the career fair and got a call for interview within a week. The interview was good. Hiring team was pretty friendly and not at all intimidating. Asked questions based on C. Tested solving skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EchoStar in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview,

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call and had a general phone interview and was told I'd be contacted within a week. Phone interview was a general background interview asking about personal strengths and resume questions