EchoStar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.7

Broadcast Operation Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the process of the interview. You'll be fine. They ask common question about experience and background. They also ask about if you will have any conflicts working either grave or day shift. Pretty, much open questions   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EchoStar in June 2014.

Interview

They have different hiring process depending on the team. Hiring manager was very nice and pleasant. But the team was a little difficult, they giggled a lot among each other while screening the candidate. Seems like they were pretty busy with their day to day task as well while the Interview process was in progress

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, they asked simple programming questions and sql queries.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EchoStar (Boulder, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two phone interviews. First one was HR calling up to know the status and to set up the time for the tech interview. The HR asked questions like would you need re-location ? what is your availability ? Later the tech interview was on the following day (you can have it later)

Interview Questions

• How do you compile a Linux kernel?
      where does the kernel image reside on the computer ?
      What is a bootloader ?
      How does the linux machine boot ?
      explain static volatile auto
      Which are the essential components you need to compile in order to run you linux image   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EchoStar in May 2014.

Interview

The first part is behavior questions and the second part is technical questions. For undergraduate, technical interview may not be needed. They will let you know if you will have a technical interview. For hardware group in Atlanta, they normally need 2 or 3 people for each term( summer, spring, fall). They prefer to have students do three terms but it is ok to do only one term.

Embedded Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

1 on site interview

Had a better offer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EchoStar (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

One week before the internview, calling from Echostar asks to make an appointment to have the interview. Only have one phone call interview. During the interview, they focused on the projects listed in the resume. Ask if having some experience in programming language and which projects you used them. Offer comes 3 days later.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO).

Interview

This was a fairly easy interview, the management I met through the process were kind, but very distant. I understand why now. It is because the place is so difficult to work at with how the employees are treated that no one will close to anyone due to the constantly revolving door.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Quick turnaround if the recruiting team and department managers like you experience and education. Very friendly group to speak with and they know what questions to ask to determine if you really know what you are talking about. The panel interview was a conference call but with a large corporation that was expected.

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at EchoStar (Englewood, CO).

Interview

Submit resume, application and personality test, wait 4 months, have a phone interview, wait 3 weeks. Go in for interview with manager and team members, and take mock test. Get told they want to hire you, but wait 2 weeks for HR to finalize it. Receive offer, reject it and wait 3 more weeks for counteroffer. It is a very convoluted process currently.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, seemed to be pulled from some generic website minutes before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always reject the first offer and counteroffer. They offer some piddly salary at first to see if you take it.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Spoke to person in career fair, got reccommendation for particular position. Applied and got interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects, interests and described the daily roles   1 Answer