EchoStar Software Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

Odd interview process. Initial screen was an online IQ test which took approx 2 hours to complete. Although I was interviewing for a management position, I suspect they probably administer this same test to everyone from call center employees to directors. Second interview was a technical phone screen which start with a series of basic programming skills questions, but after it became clear I was competent, mostly turned into a what projects have you worked on discussion. Onsite interview consisted of another IQ test, followed by a panel interview with a senior manager and two first line "managers" who probably would not have qualified as team leads in previous companies I had worked. HR contacts had declined to discuss reporting structure or salary range prior to the interview, but it became clear early in the interview that we had a disconnect on seniority level. They also distributed their benefits package to me, which indicated they covered 50% of the employees health insurance, provided up to a 2% 401k match, and no bonuses, stock options, or comp time.

Good luck guys.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you might consider when designing a database?   2 Answers