EchoStar Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EchoStar Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in October 2016.

Interview

Got engaged in a phone interview. The guy was going through my resume on the phone, asking me some random questions about java. He also asked me about how multithreading and priorities work in java. Stuff like what will you do if you stuck in a program ? What steps will you take to debug?

Interview Questions

• variable types in java and the difference between them. private, public..etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EchoStar

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar.

Interview

Applied through college and Got a 1 hour long phone interview. Average technical questions in Java, DBMS, Linux. Was told they would get back to me in a couple days. Got a reject after 2 weeks.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met company representatives at college career fair. Got selected for first round of interview, which was held the very next day, on campus. After nearly a month, I was informed that I had qualified for the second round of the interviewing process. The second round of interview was held on site at EchoStar Atlanta, 1:1 with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• First round consisted of basic C questions like what are volatile variables, extern key-word, scope of global vs extern variables, etc. Then there were some questions on data structures (primarily linked lists, like write a function to add a new head node), followed by a brain teaser. The second round of interview was with the hiring manager. It was relatively very casual compared to the first round. We just discussed about what all projects are being done at EchoStar, what will my role as an SW Intern be, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EchoStar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The whole interview was a little more than an hour. First, discussed about projects and experience. Then lots of technical questions. I was asked questions about database, linux, network, object oriented design, web service, one coding question, and 3 sql quesy questions. The coding question is to find top two numbers in an array without sort.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EchoStar in March 2015.

Interview

Echostar came to our university. Did a small interview there asked a programing question, I wrote the code then they asked me to apply on some specific requisition numbers. Applied and got call for telephonic interview. The same person took my interview the one met in career fair, Interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions(oops, collections etc) and MySql questions, then 1 coding question (Simple) and few mySql queries to write from given tables.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Met in career fair. They did screening there asked a simple string manipulation question. Then telephonic interview after 2 weeks. It was technical and took 1 hour. Then got the offer in 3 days. The technical interview was fairly easy. They again asked a string manipulation question which they wanted me to write in Java. Then some sql and linux questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at EchoStar in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview,

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar in December 2014.

Interview

Received a very short call from hr asking very basic questions, no technical questions and I doubt the interviewer would have understood anything anyways. I assume she was looking for keywords, was told I would get a call back the next week and never heard from them again. I am appalled at how unprofessional the whole thing was, seriously the least they could at least provide a polite rejection! I will not be applying to this company again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar in March 2013.

Interview

as far as I know, basically there will be at least 3 round of interviews. In the first round, you will be interviewed by HR. Just very simply background questions about yourself, your experiences etc. The second round phone interview will come from engineer. You will be asked very foundamental technical questions. The third round will be on-site. A group of engineers will interview you technical stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EchoStar (Denver, CO) in November 2008.

Interview

I was called for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 2 engineers for the Software Engineering position. I was asked some puzzle type question, eg. If there are 13 identical looking balls, and all except for one weigh the same, how will you tell which one? I was also asked some basic C programming questions. Mostly data structures and thread related.

Interview Questions

• After the interviewers introduced themselves, they asked me to repeat their names.   Answer Question