EchoStar Interview Questions in Wyoming | Glassdoor

EchoStar Interview Questions in Wyoming

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Cheyenne, WY) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screening: very general, about where I had worked, what I had done there, projects I was involved, etc.
    2. Technical Phone Interview: after 2 weeks, technical questions (OOP, language paradigms, design patterns, OOP pillars, etc).
    3. Personality Assessment and general problem solving: after 4 days, online survey about personality traits (the most boring thing I've done for a company), and some hard and time-limited problems (3 minutes each). The problems were like "if person A arrives to work before B, C arrives before D, and D arrives before B, then which of the following is not possible ...."
    4. On-site interview: after 7 more days, very nice people, nice facilities, and I got to know a lot about satellite technology on the tour. They had a whiteboard where I programmed pseudocode, they made a requirement and I designed and implemented it, then they kept elaborating on the requirement over and over. Also some questions about my CV.
    5. Request for references: after 4 more days, I got an email asking for work references before sending the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• They gave me software design questions, and they kept changing the requirements to see how I managed that.   1 Answer

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Cheyenne, WY) in September 2011.

Interview

Excellent Interview. Very knowledge and personable. The position seems overwhelming and was able to talk through the details with the interviewers. Had a tour of the buildings. Quite easy going.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EchoStar (Cheyenne, WY) in January 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews last around an hour each. After the second interview I made numerous attempts to speak to someone regarding the position without any luck. The managing engineer kept saying he would call back, but that they were extremely busy.

Interview Questions

• Describe the communications protocol used for satellite communication.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EchoStar (Cheyenne, WY) in April 2010.

Interview

Very informal, took 6 months of me calling every week to get information out of the company. Simple face to face interview with them concentrating on my team work skills rather than technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Was I looking to stay at the company longer than a year or two. I informed them that would depend on how the environment and job satisfaction was, and if compensation was adequate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just told me what they were offering, no negotiation.