Eckerd Youth Alternatives Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eckerd Youth Alternatives Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eckerd Youth Alternatives

Direct Care Supervisor Interview

Interview

Interview was long and with the director only. He showed me the whole facility and explained how a lot of things worked. After two hours we get to the silly part 16 hour days very little time off no overtime at 34k which is beyond ridiculous. Best part seem like spending all day with the kids outside would whip you in shape.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with at risk youth, how would you handle assaults, promote the program, most youth counselors are straight out of college and need direction how would you go about that etc.   Answer Question

Pay and hours

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooksville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eckerd Youth Alternatives (Brooksville, FL).

Interview

Interview training computer training shadow training. Drug screening finger prints level 2 background check. What makes you want to work for this company. Do you think you can handle the job. Be on time dress appropriate. You will be in charge of 8-10 youths there's a schedule you have to follow do not let the youths carry the back pack. If you have any problems call group to address the issues so the youths could express themselves to resolve the problem if not call supervisor to assist

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Clewiston, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eckerd Youth Alternatives (South Clewiston, FL).

Interview

Went to camp, was introduced to the group, shadowed counselors for two days, had in-depth interview with both Directors on realities and "grit" of the position including the 24-hour/day-5 or more day workweek. Was told that the position is THE MOST IMPORTANT position in the entire agency. Was definitely explained the gravity of the position. Was told that being a Chief meant getting a new family and that the more you put in to the family, the more you get out. I was told it was the most tiring, exhausting, physically demanding position I would ever have, but if I could do it and excel at ANYTHING. ANYWHERE.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress while you're exhausted but taking a break or sleeping isn't an option?   1 Answer

Counselor/Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eckerd Youth Alternatives.

Interview

Multiple Phone interviews, followed by an invitation to visit the site. The phone screening is basically questions about whether you can physically and emotionally handle the job. While on site you are placed with someone doing the job so as to see if it is a good fit. It's a somewhat lengthy process, but good to see in person.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example when you have made a long term commitment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boomer, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eckerd Youth Alternatives (Boomer, NC).

Interview

In person interview at one of the camps. I spent some time with two different groups of children in their camps. I also joined them at meal time. I had pretty limited interactions with the kids, mostly it was with the staff. Everyone was very friendly and encouraging. I had a chance to speak with several other counselor/teachers, and stay the night in the counselor/teacher's time off house (company owned house that staff share as part of employment).

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I would be comfortable living and working in the woods? (Show you can handle being hot/cold/wet etc).   Answer Question

Youth Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eckerd Youth Alternatives in March 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then an in-person interview on-site. They will put you in a group for a few hours, and then ask the kids if they have anything to say about you once you leave. Don't worry, the organization is desperate for employees, and they are flexible on your qualifications.

Interview Questions

• They will just ask your thoughts on your time in the program for your on-site interview.   Answer Question

RHRM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eckerd Youth Alternatives.

Interview

1 phone interview and face to face with company head, followed by face to face with supervisor

Anonymous Employee in Benson, VT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eckerd Youth Alternatives (Benson, VT) in October 2009.

Interview

You go for 3 days and live as you would if you had the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation