Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Elk Grove, IL).

Interview

Their recruiter in Minneapolis reached out to me and in the matter of about two weeks we scheduled an in person interview at the facility. The interview was held with 4 people on the team including the TPM Manager, an Engineer, and HR, and Production Supervisor. It took about 3 hours from start of finish. About a week later you scheduled a skype type interview with the plant manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were standard and fair, leaving room for open ended answers.   Answer Question

Sales Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in May 2017.

Interview

Positive interview .lasted for about 25 minutes. Just wanted to know about my background and experience in the field that i was applying for. Not to many difficult questions but it was only the first step of the hiring process

Interview Questions

• why do i feel that i would be a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people, one at a time, 45 minutes each. 2 of them asked about technical questions and the other 2 asked behavioral questions.
    The interviews went well. Everyone was very friendly

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. Classic HR screening looking for silly ways to eliminate you as a candidate. I've never understood why HR thinks that the best candidates are the ones who are layed off (the bottom 10%?). Or those still employed - similar to the strategy of only dating people who are already married. I gave reasons for why I was let go, and there was no attempt at understanding. The HR lady was looking for 'worker bee' type of employees, with the unreasonable expectation of absolute altruism to the company - when companies don't provide the same in return (not even close). In addition to this, she violated executive order 13665 by telling me that she was taking it into to her own hands to exclude me from consideration because my salary was higher my previous job. Again, short-sighted HR, ignoring all other considerations to focus on reasons to exclude candidates.

Supply Chain Manufacturing Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I talked to recruiters in our career fair and got an interview on the spot for the following day. During the actual interview, the two recruiters were friendly enough and asked behavioral questions only. It ran for about 45 minutes. The recruiter at the career fair told me the interview would be a typical star method type interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Asked basic behavioral questions. Involved first and second round interviews for position. Attained interview through expo. It was a group interview with 3 interviewers. All of them were very nice and polite.

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews. Followed by on site interview schedule on Thursday afternoon for next day on Friday evening. They do not provide travel and parking expense for interview. No wonder they are profitable.

Interview Questions

• Background work experience, salary expectation, questions about future role for a new team.   Answer Question

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Long interview process, but comprehensive. Met with 4 people that worked in finance. Resume review, project review, background and experience deep dive, talent leadership. All interviewers had a passion for the business. There were 7 other candidates.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY).

Interview

Signed up for interview during university career fair. The interview was with two interviewers. They asked basic behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was part of their HR department while the other interviewer was part of their logistics division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab in January 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at an engineering convention. Had on interview the next day at the convention. Had to take a test online. 3 phone/skype interviews with different engineering managers at different locations a couple weeks after. After the 3 interviews I was never contacted back to hear whether or not I got the job. It has been four months so I assume there is no offer but it would have still been nice to hear back from them.