Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews. Followed by on site interview schedule on Thursday afternoon for next day on Friday evening. They do not provide travel and parking expense for interview. No wonder they are profitable.

Interview Questions

• Background work experience, salary expectation, questions about future role for a new team.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY).

Interview

Signed up for interview during university career fair. The interview was with two interviewers. They asked basic behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was part of their HR department while the other interviewer was part of their logistics division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Ecolab Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very standard behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviewers were very personal and easy to have a conversation with. The interview went slightly over time but they were still more than happy to answer all of my questions. Overall a good experience.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

I applied through our campus portal and I received an interview invitation. It was a typical interview that lasted about 30 minutes with one of EcoLab's employees. It began with "point out anything you think is important from your resume" and then there were a few behavioral questions.

Manufacturing Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellwood City, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Ellwood City, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line and received notification that a representative was coming to my college (Penn State) and wanted to meet with me. Passed the initial interview and was then invited for a campus interview and tour. At the campus, we were introduced first to our 4 interviewers. Then is was back to back interviews with 1 on 1 with all 4 people for 1 hour each, totaling 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose chemical engineering?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you used non-conventional knowledge or techniques to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you could not finish your project by the deadline. How did you cope with the customer/professor/partner/supervisor?   Answer Question
    • You have 3 projects ongoing: 1 is due tomorrow, another is due next week, and another in 3 months. You experience a setback that delays your project. What do you do to make sure the project is still completed by the deadline?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I met them at UMN Twin Cities career fair. They emailed a couple days later for an on campus interview. Not sure if there were subsequent interviews; I did not receive an invitation for one.

Food Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

4 interviews ( screening + phone interview with District Manager + phone interview with Area Manager + On the job shadow). I thought they were very responsive through the whole process. Though I am disappointed by not being selected for the position, they were very professional. Good experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online and received a telphone interview chance. Need to complete a online assessment screening in order to qualify telphone interview.
    Online assessment is not difficult, including table and graph analysis to make sure you do know how to read sales quota plan. Telphone go through well. HR was fine and asking the experience in resume. Unfortunately not be selected to process next step interview

Food Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bermuda Dunes, CA

Application

I interviewed at Ecolab (Bermuda Dunes, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted next day to set up a phone interview the next day. A week later, haven't heard back from them. I don't think will hear back from them

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a lot in a short period of time   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Phone screening. Face to face interview. Ride-a-long with current employee. First two steps were basic, simple behavioral questions and experience questions. Had to reach out after two weeks of no communication after the face to face interview. Manager set up the ride-a-along. Employee was very nice and easy to talk to, overall went very well. Let the manager know how it all went and was told I'd be let know when a decision was made. A month and a half later I was notified by a talent agent that I wasn't selected. Overall I felt very lost during the whole process. Extreme lack of communication by manager and hiring team. Seems like a good company, just a bad experience for myself.

Interview Questions

• How does your prior experience apply to this position?   Answer Question