Ecolab Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ecolab Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Lunch Interview which was nice. Standard interview. Asked me questions about my resume and work experience. Discussed Ecolab history and how my experience relates to their needs.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my work experiences and applying them to their needs with the position.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was professional and long. I think I got lost in the interview process due to the original hiring manager was promoted. They scheduled a phone interview which went well. Then a 1:1 interview was provided. I spent 8 hours with a ride along who was late. Then the hiring manager got promoted and I got lost in the system. I think I might have gotten the job had the new manager been prepared by the company.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions. Describe a time that you had to overcome an objection, work with someone who you did not get along with... etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Besides joining the police or fire this was one of the most extensive interview processes. 1) phone interview 2) face to face 3) Ride along 4) face to face about ride along 5) face to face with regional 6) drug test dmv screen and light physical ) more extensive physical.

Interview Questions

• Can I handle being on call?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

First contact/interview was through a job fair. Second interview over the phone with district manager. Third interview in person with district manager. Then rode along for a day with a current employee. HR phone interview, then hot/cold contact with district manager for 2 months. Lots of delayed or altogether broken promises. Overall, interview/process seemed neverending, but the kicker was the lack of common courtesy in telling me straight-up when they were going to make up their minds and sticking to their promises. I'd have to say I'm disappointed with the people, and I'm glad I saw their true colors before ever having the chance to with for them.

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Kenosha, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online, took assessment, phone interview,. then District manager interview, then met with the regional manager, recieved a offer in 3 weeks. I had to meet with DM, area manager twice. It was a long process. Did a physical exam two times, one a DR and another company mandated exam.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day? Effiecientcy questions, and if you can handle being on call.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Had first interview at campus career fair, had a really good interview so didn't have any phone interview. The next step was a ride along with someone in the same position that was a trainer that was the whole day. I then had a interview with the regional manger and then meet with the district manager for a interview.

Interview Questions

• My first interview involved a lot of situational question what would you do in certain situation, as well as them asking about me and my experience. I was asked at each level of interviewing process to describe how I would handle stressful situations as well my long term and short term goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase commission plus salary, take it or leave it but tons of opportunity to grow if that is what you are looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

First Interview with a manager, followed by another interview with a different manager, followed by a ride along interview with a current territory manager. The interview process is fairly straight forward. The company is always promoting from within so positions become available very frequently.

Do not bother to apply if you have a DUI or any other major driving violation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful in a sales role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Arduous at best

Interview Questions

• How do resolve internal conflict amongst management with field sales staff?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

phone interview, district manager interview, area manager interview, day in the field

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer calls during diner and has a dish machine down   2 Answers

Negotiation

no real negotiation. it was take it or leave it

Blended Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Provo, UT).

Interview

Be Clean Sharp attentive, Expect to do a ride along! Try to do what the trainer shows you without being ask. Learn the 5 factors of clean,
    1 Time
    2 Temperature
    3 Wash Action
    4 chemical
    5 Proper Procedures!
    Have fun! If its something you're interested in ask questions, understand the word titration!
    Have a Plan execute the Plan.

Interview Questions

• Know electricity Safety, Lock out Tag out! Always wear a Tie and white shirt, this may change after you're hired!   1 Answer