Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. Classic HR screening looking for silly ways to eliminate you as a candidate. I've never understood why HR thinks that the best candidates are the ones who are layed off (the bottom 10%?). Or those still employed - similar to the strategy of only dating people who are already married. I gave reasons for why I was let go, and there was no attempt at understanding. The HR lady was looking for 'worker bee' type of employees, with the unreasonable expectation of absolute altruism to the company - when companies don't provide the same in return (not even close). In addition to this, she violated executive order 13665 by telling me that she was taking it into to her own hands to exclude me from consideration because my salary was higher my previous job. Again, short-sighted HR, ignoring all other considerations to focus on reasons to exclude candidates.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The staff are very friendly. The overall interview process took three hours with breakfast provided.
    All three interviewers are nice. They asked behavioral questions and most of them is focusing on your leadership skills.

RSMIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ecolab (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic Questions. how would organize time between customers. How Would You Prioritize CUSTOMERS needs and know whom to help first. How would let customers know you will help them.

Remote Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I applied online and then received an email to have a phone interview about two weeks later. After the phone interview I did an internet test to make sure that my internet was fast enough for the job. When I was approved for that I received an email stating that they were interested in a face to face interview the following week. On the personal interview day, I interviewed with two individuals who went over the details of the job for about 5-10 minutes followed by a web interview with two individuals out of MN. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab in January 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at an engineering convention. Had on interview the next day at the convention. Had to take a test online. 3 phone/skype interviews with different engineering managers at different locations a couple weeks after. After the 3 interviews I was never contacted back to hear whether or not I got the job. It has been four months so I assume there is no offer but it would have still been nice to hear back from them.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview, group interview. phone screening, background check drug test personality quiz, skills quiz. very standard interview, similar to most companies. entire process was 1 week long after phone interview. accepted position.

Outside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ecolab (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Intense, detailed, and lengthy and completely necessary. Interviews were mostly scheduled and some were on short notice. I had a one-on-one interview, several ride alongs with current employee,s interview with District and Area Manager, and a phone interview with HR.

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people, one at a time, 45 minutes each. 2 of them asked about technical questions and the other 2 asked behavioral questions.
    The interviews went well. Everyone was very friendly

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

In person interview lasts 3-4 hours. Meet 3-5 people who ask generally the same questions about your experience. Interview rooms are small and too warm. Takes a long time between applying for the job and actually hearing from the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you have overcome   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Lunch Interview which was nice. Standard interview. Asked me questions about my resume and work experience. Discussed Ecolab history and how my experience relates to their needs.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my work experiences and applying them to their needs with the position.   Answer Question