Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Ecolab job online and then reached out to someone in HR to see what else I could do to help me find a role that suited my skills and interests. I was contacted and given ideas for various roles and departments. Once I applied, I continued to reach out to hiring managers and finally landed a phone interview. If they want to move forward after the phone interview, they will schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager and a few other team members. I came to St. Paul for my interview and met with a few different people. It was a comfortable, private environment and the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Sidney, MT) in December 2017.

Interview

I got selected based on my qualifications for first phone interview. Interviewer was pretty happy with how I answer my questions.
    Did not get to second round though because they claimed they have found someone better qualified. A month later the position is open again! Kinda feel they were being racist towards my ethnicity and not look at my qualifications for real.

Storeperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Darra (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to be interviewed by a senior leader but he wasnt there on the interview day so i had to in experienced team leaders stumbling through the process.

Interview Questions

• The interview Questions focused on safety.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Hiring took just four weeks. Interview was pretty basic focussing more on what research you did. I got rejected for my first interview with a different department where they asked a lot of behavioral interview question and passed with the R&D department when they asked pretty technical stuff

Interview Questions

• how do you think the reserch you did right now can be applied to this current position?   Answer Question

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with three managers. Two district account representative and their boss, the district manager. After the interview I had to take a drug and background test. It was a few weeks before I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you solved a problem and give the steps you used to solve it.   Answer Question

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Garland, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

1) I had 3 rounds of interviews. 1st call from corporate recruiter. 2nd call with HR Manager and hiring manger. 3rd site visit for several interviews with operation team.

2) I was grilled with questions but nobody took the time to explain what the job is like.

3) Lots of questions did not make sense - like why I am leaving my employer. I was not, your recruiter approached me and convinced me to come for your interview. Where I see myself in 5 years. They could not tell me where they see their company in 6 months.

4) The hiring process is too long, too disorganized.

5) The interviewers did not compare notes because during the 3 plant interviews they were asking the same questions. This should not look like an interrogation. They also looked confused.

6) lastly was ghosted by the HR and the corporate recruiter. For several weeks.

7) no offer even though I’m over qualified for the job. And no feed back from the company and they didn’t want to share the interviews outcome.

Interview Questions

Interview

Face to face interview with two people. Each ask a variety of questions to try to get to know you better. A lot of conversating as well as questions being asked.

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

First 2 interviews were phone interviews, one with HR and one with the hiring manager. The third was in person with a local manager and a potential future colleague. Everyone was polite and professional.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab (Urbana, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

They interviewed me right away and asked theoretical questions as well as for examples from my life that would demonstrate certain qualities. They responded within a few days. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance where you had to do something unconventional to solve a problem   Answer Question

Human Resources Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first on campus and second at the Head Quarters
    Conversational style of interview
    Different interviewers for different candidates so no two people have the same set of interviewers
    Personality and Skills review test

Interview Questions

• Q. Can you tell me of a time when you handled a conflict at the workplace?
      Q. Can you talk about how you convinced someone of your idea?
      Q. Resume based questions
      Q. Strengths and Weaknesses based questions
      -Location preferences   1 Answer

Associate Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview
    Scheduling was chaotic on their end. Cancel/reschedule/called an hour before scheduled time to confirm I would be there at scheduled time? Very strange.
    Job was different than advertised on Ecolab website. Interviewer from Minnesota was limited in details about the job and limited in technical ability to properly describe the job. Couldn't answer slightly technical questions about the job. Her behavior was flippant and unprofessional. I also felt she was just going through the motions and I just represent a quota to interview. Definitely not what I would expect from a world renowned company like Ecolab. As a professional Ecolab phone interview is a red flag on the company itself.

Interview Questions

• No direct questions just tell me about yourself?   1 Answer