Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.8

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Asked basic behavioral questions. Involved first and second round interviews for position. Attained interview through expo. It was a group interview with 3 interviewers. All of them were very nice and polite.

Interview Questions

Interview

Standard process: Phone screen followed up with in person interviews (four interviews, one person each). HR was great at keeping open communications and everything went very smoothly. Just be sincere and prepared and you will have no problems.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, type of culture you like, time you dealt with difficult situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations needed, offer was very fair to market and experience/background.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Applied through Indeed and got an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was two days later and was quickly and efficiently passed on to the area manager who called me the next day for an in person interview. Drug test, physical and background check through GSI was the longest part, but took about two weeks from start to hire date. I was happy with the company and their ability to move the process along.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Are you available to work on call, long hours and on the weekend?
      Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews. Followed by on site interview schedule on Thursday afternoon for next day on Friday evening. They do not provide travel and parking expense for interview. No wonder they are profitable.

Interview Questions

• Background work experience, salary expectation, questions about future role for a new team.   Answer Question

Associate District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, and was contacted on the same day with the hiring manager. A face to face interview was scheduled the following week. The interview was more unconventional and was more scenario based. The District Manager was more interested in trying to find out my personality type and my reason to make specific decisions. The following day I was scheduled to meet the Area Manager for a sit down dinner interview. The conversation was again more scenario based and to get to know if I was a good overall fit for the position. Overall the interview process was much different then traditional interview settings. Between the initial phone screen to the day of the verbal offer was 2 weeks. Start date would be around 2 weeks from formal written offer.

Interview Questions

• If you are new to the position and a service tech was constantly late to his/her service appointment how would you proceed to attempt to correct the issue?

How long would you give the service tech until he/she improves or determine termination? What are the steps you would take as you evaluate the person?
      Answer Question

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Long interview process, but comprehensive. Met with 4 people that worked in finance. Resume review, project review, background and experience deep dive, talent leadership. All interviewers had a passion for the business. There were 7 other candidates.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY).

Interview

Signed up for interview during university career fair. The interview was with two interviewers. They asked basic behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was part of their HR department while the other interviewer was part of their logistics division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab in January 2017.

Interview

Met recruiters at an engineering convention. Had on interview the next day at the convention. Had to take a test online. 3 phone/skype interviews with different engineering managers at different locations a couple weeks after. After the 3 interviews I was never contacted back to hear whether or not I got the job. It has been four months so I assume there is no offer but it would have still been nice to hear back from them.

Ecolab Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very standard behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviewers were very personal and easy to have a conversation with. The interview went slightly over time but they were still more than happy to answer all of my questions. Overall a good experience.

RSMIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ecolab (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic Questions. how would organize time between customers. How Would You Prioritize CUSTOMERS needs and know whom to help first. How would let customers know you will help them.