Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. Classic HR screening looking for silly ways to eliminate you as a candidate. I've never understood why HR thinks that the best candidates are the ones who are layed off (the bottom 10%?). Or those still employed - similar to the strategy of only dating people who are already married. I gave reasons for why I was let go, and there was no attempt at understanding. The HR lady was looking for 'worker bee' type of employees, with the unreasonable expectation of absolute altruism to the company - when companies don't provide the same in return (not even close). In addition to this, she violated executive order 13665 by telling me that she was taking it into to her own hands to exclude me from consideration because my salary was higher my previous job. Again, short-sighted HR, ignoring all other considerations to focus on reasons to exclude candidates.

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people, one at a time, 45 minutes each. 2 of them asked about technical questions and the other 2 asked behavioral questions.
    The interviews went well. Everyone was very friendly

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab (Sugar Land, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The staff are very friendly. The overall interview process took three hours with breakfast provided.
    All three interviewers are nice. They asked behavioral questions and most of them is focusing on your leadership skills.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Straight forward process and no complicated questions were asked. be confident and answer what your heart says. Believe in yourself and good luck. People are really cool and easy. He HR girls were very easy on me...

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to go on your honeymoon   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

I applied online. I was sent an email couple days later for a phone interview to set up. The phone interview was roughly 15 to 25 minutes long. She asked basic questions of why you want to work for Ecolab what it is that you were looking for. They describe the position in detail. If you passed the phone interview then you move on to an on-site interview for roughly 30 minutes. The first 15 minutes will be with the recruitment/hr reps and the other half Will be with actual supervisors in the department. They hopefully inform you of when they're going to let you know when you got the position. I received a call couple days later. It all went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself going or busy in a stagnant position?
      Describe a time you went above and beyond to provide customer service and how did you get rewarded after that?
      Describe a bad time of customer service and how it was handled..the steps used.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Lunch Interview which was nice. Standard interview. Asked me questions about my resume and work experience. Discussed Ecolab history and how my experience relates to their needs.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my work experiences and applying them to their needs with the position.   Answer Question

Sales Service Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (McAllen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online with Indeed.com and got an email that I was passed onto a phone interview. After confirming my date for an interview I had to take an assessment. It wasn't really hard at all just personality questions and some easy math business questions. Next I got a call from a district manager and scheduled a face to face meeting.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?
      How do you plan your work days?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Ecolab job online and then reached out to someone in HR to see what else I could do to help me find a role that suited my skills and interests. I was contacted and given ideas for various roles and departments. Once I applied, I continued to reach out to hiring managers and finally landed a phone interview. If they want to move forward after the phone interview, they will schedule an in person interview with the hiring manager and a few other team members. I came to St. Paul for my interview and met with a few different people. It was a comfortable, private environment and the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manufacturing Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I talked to recruiters in our career fair and got an interview on the spot for the following day. During the actual interview, the two recruiters were friendly enough and asked behavioral questions only. It ran for about 45 minutes. The recruiter at the career fair told me the interview would be a typical star method type interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Asked basic behavioral questions. Involved first and second round interviews for position. Attained interview through expo. It was a group interview with 3 interviewers. All of them were very nice and polite.