Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to a phone interview by a Talent Acquisition Specialist via email. Several days after the phone interview I was invited to an in-person interview with the executives I would be working with. I felt the interview went well but have not yet heard back about the position. Regardless of whether or not I get an offer, the interview experience was good.

Interview Questions

• 2-3 behavioral based interview questions for each interview and small talk for the remainder of the interviews.   1 Answer
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Remote Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about two weeks later, received an email inviting me to a phone interview. Had the phone interview and it was pretty basic interview questions and why would you want to work from home (no commute). After the interview, had to send over a speed test for my internet connection. I have the cable internet, so the speed was kind of fast. The next few days I received an invitation to go meet face to face with an HR rep and the hiring managers. Met with the HR rep and went over the position, then met with the hiring managers through WebEx. Asked a few questions about my resume and about what job did I like the most. The last question asked was a scenario question. Kind of caught me off guard, but I answered to the best of my ability. I was offered the job right there.

Manufacturing Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellwood City, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Ellwood City, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line and received notification that a representative was coming to my college (Penn State) and wanted to meet with me. Passed the initial interview and was then invited for a campus interview and tour. At the campus, we were introduced first to our 4 interviewers. Then is was back to back interviews with 1 on 1 with all 4 people for 1 hour each, totaling 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose chemical engineering?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you used non-conventional knowledge or techniques to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you could not finish your project by the deadline. How did you cope with the customer/professor/partner/supervisor?   Answer Question
    • You have 3 projects ongoing: 1 is due tomorrow, another is due next week, and another in 3 months. You experience a setback that delays your project. What do you do to make sure the project is still completed by the deadline?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecolab (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Went over resume in depth, asked questions wanting specific situational answers. Seemed to want technology experience that I do not have, as they asked for an example of a time I worked with my hands to fix something. Emphasized that interns should be very self motivated.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you had to change someone's mind when they didn't necessarily agree with you.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round Interview was with a technical employee, lasted 30 minutes it was just pretty standard behavioral questions. Then I had to take a two hour exam and then complete 3 more interviews via Skype. For these I received an email notifying me of the time at 1:30 am, the interview was for 9am that same day, aka I was told I had an interview 7.5 hours before. Totally unprofessional HR department, would never want to work for this company after this recruitment process.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I met them at UMN Twin Cities career fair. They emailed a couple days later for an on campus interview. Not sure if there were subsequent interviews; I did not receive an invitation for one.

Intern Interview

Interview

I did my internship as an international student, so my interview process was likely not the normal hiring process for Ecolab. After reviewing my resume, a manager reached out for a Skype interview. The interview lasted about half an hour, and I was hired as an intern the following day.

Food Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

4 interviews ( screening + phone interview with District Manager + phone interview with Area Manager + On the job shadow). I thought they were very responsive through the whole process. Though I am disappointed by not being selected for the position, they were very professional. Good experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online and received a telphone interview chance. Need to complete a online assessment screening in order to qualify telphone interview.
    Online assessment is not difficult, including table and graph analysis to make sure you do know how to read sales quota plan. Telphone go through well. HR was fine and asking the experience in resume. Unfortunately not be selected to process next step interview

Food Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bermuda Dunes, CA

Application

I interviewed at Ecolab (Bermuda Dunes, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted next day to set up a phone interview the next day. A week later, haven't heard back from them. I don't think will hear back from them

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a lot in a short period of time   Answer Question