Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecolab (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Went over resume in depth, asked questions wanting specific situational answers. Seemed to want technology experience that I do not have, as they asked for an example of a time I worked with my hands to fix something. Emphasized that interns should be very self motivated.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you had to change someone's mind when they didn't necessarily agree with you.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round Interview was with a technical employee, lasted 30 minutes it was just pretty standard behavioral questions. Then I had to take a two hour exam and then complete 3 more interviews via Skype. For these I received an email notifying me of the time at 1:30 am, the interview was for 9am that same day, aka I was told I had an interview 7.5 hours before. Totally unprofessional HR department, would never want to work for this company after this recruitment process.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I met them at UMN Twin Cities career fair. They emailed a couple days later for an on campus interview. Not sure if there were subsequent interviews; I did not receive an invitation for one.

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

They did on campus interviews then invited me to their interview day event. The day consisted of a tour, lunch and three 30 minute interviews from there I heard back within a week for the offer. It caught me as a surprise when they didn't ask any hard or technical questions which I took as a negative sign for the type of people they were looking for. Ended up accepting elsewhere because it wasn't a good fit. People kept saying the same thing, 'we're different because of our people/culture' but every company has people and I didn't see how they were any different.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me about a time when..' -all behavioral questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I did my internship as an international student, so my interview process was likely not the normal hiring process for Ecolab. After reviewing my resume, a manager reached out for a Skype interview. The interview lasted about half an hour, and I was hired as an intern the following day.

Food Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

4 interviews ( screening + phone interview with District Manager + phone interview with Area Manager + On the job shadow). I thought they were very responsive through the whole process. Though I am disappointed by not being selected for the position, they were very professional. Good experience.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online and received a telphone interview chance. Need to complete a online assessment screening in order to qualify telphone interview.
    Online assessment is not difficult, including table and graph analysis to make sure you do know how to read sales quota plan. Telphone go through well. HR was fine and asking the experience in resume. Unfortunately not be selected to process next step interview

Food Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bermuda Dunes, CA

Application

I interviewed at Ecolab (Bermuda Dunes, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted next day to set up a phone interview the next day. A week later, haven't heard back from them. I don't think will hear back from them

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a lot in a short period of time   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Phone screening. Face to face interview. Ride-a-long with current employee. First two steps were basic, simple behavioral questions and experience questions. Had to reach out after two weeks of no communication after the face to face interview. Manager set up the ride-a-along. Employee was very nice and easy to talk to, overall went very well. Let the manager know how it all went and was told I'd be let know when a decision was made. A month and a half later I was notified by a talent agent that I wasn't selected. Overall I felt very lost during the whole process. Extreme lack of communication by manager and hiring team. Seems like a good company, just a bad experience for myself.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Bronx, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is kind of long first someone calls you to schedule a phone interview, after thats done they schedule an interview with the district manager, after that you will go a day on the territory to actually do and see whats the job about, then he will schedule a final interview with the big boss i forgot her title but yeah she will give you the final approval. THE HIRING PROCESS IS LONG TOO! all together it will take you at least a month to start working for them.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions but mainly basic questions about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, if you have any customer service experience not a hard interview but the best question is if you have any other job offers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate my salary since i didnt have a 4 year degree yet they wanted to pay me less but being that i had other pending offers for a little more money they acommodated me to bring me in.