Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

Principal Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted via email by the talent acquisition department. They set up a phone interview. The phone interview was relatively short. I was scheduled for an on-site interview a week later. The onsite interview was relatively short. It took about 2 weeks before I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your most recent supervisor's management style? What did you dislike?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Naperville, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and she said she will contact me next week about the second interview and I haven't heard back since. That's very unprofessional.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Two phone interviews that seemingly went well. Technical questions in second interview. Was told both by recruiter and manager that I would get a call back by the end of the week. Follow up from them was non-existent. I followed up with the recruiter multiple times after previous deadlines to set up the next interview passed without contact. I was told that I was still being considered each time. Got a form letter 3 MONTHS after initial interview giving me the kiss off. While the job search process is full of rejection, someone working as a recruiter should be better equipped to communicate in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse the direction of a three phase motor?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a Human Resources representative, followed by a ride along with one of the current Territory Sales reps, and then a final interview with the Area Manager that I would be working under. The company has great benefits and it was awesome to learn about them. It just was not what I was personally looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a challenge in a leadership position.   Answer Question

I declined because I didn't feel it was the best fit for me.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

During my phone interview I was asked what my previous salary was. I always find this question interesting since what my salary for a previous position does not have much to due with what I would be paid for another position. I answered her question and then asked what I was looking for. I answered her question and was informed the salary range for this position was below what I was looking for. When asked what the salary range was for the position I was told she could not tell me what I would be offered. I explained that I was not asking what I would be offered but what was the range so I could make a determination if the pay scale they had in mind for the position might work for me. I was told she could not disclose that information. At that point it was clear Ecolab was not a very transparent company, for a candidate to enquiry about the pay scale is not unusual.

Interview Questions

• What pay range are you looking for? Then told that was out of there range, but they could not tell me the range.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in February 2016.

Interview

Met initially with a recruiter at my university career fair. They then requested I come in for an interview the next day. Following that, they sent out an online assessment (2 hours long), and then requested I come in for a final interview at their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? Tell me about a time when you had push back from a customer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

I had a back-to-back interview, each 30 mins for each part. One behavioral and one technical. Questions are easy to average. The interviewers are very friendly and conversational. Got results after two weeks. A very impressive company.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Besides joining the police or fire this was one of the most extensive interview processes. 1) phone interview 2) face to face 3) Ride along 4) face to face about ride along 5) face to face with regional 6) drug test dmv screen and light physical ) more extensive physical.

Interview Questions

• Can I handle being on call?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with 2 people, one was an engineer, and the other worked for human resources. They were very nice, friendly and not tried to make the process stressful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you encounter a conflict and you did not solve it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Questions about my previews job normal for for a first interview. Give me a description of the job, really relax conversation but at the same time professional the person making the interview wast real down to earth making the interview go really fast took about one hour.