Ecolab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Agent II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Greensboro, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

1) Contacted by HR for phone interview. 20 minutes
    2) Called by HR that I would be moved forward to formal face to face interview hour long
    3) A week later sent typing test and contacted that I was selected for position
    4) Background check and drug test
    Process took three weeks for completion

Interview Questions

• Which is more important to you Quantity or Quality?   1 Answer

Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through a college career fair and was selected to go to Ecolab's career day in Saint Paul. This consisted of a tour of the R&D center as well as three half hour long interviews with finance managers. The managers were very rude and not helpful in providing information and details about the position. Very negative experience and not a company I would recommend working for at all. I was very excited about the opportunity until I attended the career day. Ecolab tries to convey a very positive image of their company.

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with 3 different people. All behavioral based, some to test tenacity, adaptability, stress management etc. Had dinner and took a plant tour with current supply chain leadership personnel. Everyone was very nice and we all had the opportunity to interact with each other and learn more about the company. Interviews were relaxed and somwhat conversational

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a group of diverse individuals   Answer Question

MBA Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interviews followed by on site (St Paul) interviews. On campus it was just two 30 minute interviews back to back. On site it was breakfast followed by three 45 minute interviews in a row followed by lunch and then a 1.5 hr tour of their r&d center about 20 minutes outside of St Paul. All questions were behavioral with a few very easy technical questions like "walk me through an income statement as if I was a child"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced change within your organization and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw an opportunity to take action to make an improvement and what did you do?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Greensboro, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I first had an interview after the career fair at my university. Very typical behavioral based. I was then invited to attend a plant tour/interview day at one of their plants in North Carolina, all expenses paid for by Ecolab. The night before we had an informal dinner with current LDPs and a few presentations. The plant tour was interesting and was followed by 3 half hour interviews and lunch. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with difficult people. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

There is an initial phone screening followed by a face to face interview at a career fair then last round of phone interview. The process takes around 3 weeks in total. Most questions are behavior questions, need to use STAR method. They also test some basic marketing concept and P&L knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions mainly (i.e. Tell me about a time you work with a cross-functional team.)   Answer Question

Procurement Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Took part in a brief telephone interview. Interviewer was very polite, personable and professional.
    I was very upfront as to why I was looking for a new opportunity, as well as where I was with other potential opportunities. Interview ended with my commitment to keep Interviewer informed of any changes and received confirmation that Ecolab would do the same and was planning on in person interviews within two to three weeks. Followed up with email and left two voice mail messages, never heard back. It has been over 2-1/2 months, company has re-posted new identical job postings twice since phone interview. Very unprofessional employment recruiters!!

Pest Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Detroit, MI).

Interview

phone screening and 2 interviews I did not think it was difficult but I also thought I was applying for a different job it was very vague it i a good old boys thing not many females the interviews wore not very formal

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Washington, DC).

Interview

4 Step Process

1) Phone Screening
    2) Panel Interview
    3) Regional Manager Interview
    4) Ride Along with Current Route Manager
       - If you get to the ride along, your basically in. Just dont act arrogant or immature and you will be well percieved. Remember the ride along is still an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any mechanical background?   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Process was through my law school so I did not have to interview with the company directly. I did need to show experience and demonstrated interest in the legal work that they do.

Interview Questions

• What experience and skills would translate to regulatory work.   Answer Question