Ecolab Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews. Followed by on site interview schedule on Thursday afternoon for next day on Friday evening. They do not provide travel and parking expense for interview. No wonder they are profitable.

Interview Questions

• Background work experience, salary expectation, questions about future role for a new team.   Answer Question

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Long interview process, but comprehensive. Met with 4 people that worked in finance. Resume review, project review, background and experience deep dive, talent leadership. All interviewers had a passion for the business. There were 7 other candidates.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I met them at UMN Twin Cities career fair. They emailed a couple days later for an on campus interview. Not sure if there were subsequent interviews; I did not receive an invitation for one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a Human Resources representative, followed by a ride along with one of the current Territory Sales reps, and then a final interview with the Area Manager that I would be working under. The company has great benefits and it was awesome to learn about them. It just was not what I was personally looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a challenge in a leadership position.   Answer Question

I declined because I didn't feel it was the best fit for me.

Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through a college career fair and was selected to go to Ecolab's career day in Saint Paul. This consisted of a tour of the R&D center as well as three half hour long interviews with finance managers. The managers were very rude and not helpful in providing information and details about the position. Very negative experience and not a company I would recommend working for at all. I was very excited about the opportunity until I attended the career day. Ecolab tries to convey a very positive image of their company.

MBA Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interviews followed by on site (St Paul) interviews. On campus it was just two 30 minute interviews back to back. On site it was breakfast followed by three 45 minute interviews in a row followed by lunch and then a 1.5 hr tour of their r&d center about 20 minutes outside of St Paul. All questions were behavioral with a few very easy technical questions like "walk me through an income statement as if I was a child"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced change within your organization and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw an opportunity to take action to make an improvement and what did you do?   Answer Question

Procurement Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Took part in a brief telephone interview. Interviewer was very polite, personable and professional.
    I was very upfront as to why I was looking for a new opportunity, as well as where I was with other potential opportunities. Interview ended with my commitment to keep Interviewer informed of any changes and received confirmation that Ecolab would do the same and was planning on in person interviews within two to three weeks. Followed up with email and left two voice mail messages, never heard back. It has been over 2-1/2 months, company has re-posted new identical job postings twice since phone interview. Very unprofessional employment recruiters!!

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible process and even after outstanding feedback from hiring manager no response later. Even after multiple follow-ups there was no response. They should have the courtesy to let the candidate know what they are no longer interested. Horrible experience. Others should be wary of specific timeline of when the next steps would be taken and when they expect to hear back, if at all.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job an want to leave your precious job   1 Answer

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online at the Ecolab careers website. I received an email from an Ecolab recruiter within about 2 weeks. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. I was then invited for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and a panel of employees I would work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research for someone with a non-science background in 15 seconds or less.   Answer Question

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

6 month drawn out onboarding process where no one communicates what is going on, managers/ HR rarely return phone calls. They hire before their needs- someone knows they are moving jobs within the company 6 months beforehand to allow training- training is extensive but not enough to prepare anyone for field work unless you have prior experience in plumbing, electric, and/ or machine repair

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which one would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.