Ecolab Route Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ecolab Route Sales Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Washington, DC).

Interview

4 Step Process

1) Phone Screening
2) Panel Interview
3) Regional Manager Interview
4) Ride Along with Current Route Manager
   - If you get to the ride along, your basically in. Just dont act arrogant or immature and you will be well percieved. Remember the ride along is still an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any mechanical background?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ecolab

Route Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Quite Long ... Phone Interview, DM Interview if you pass phone interview. Ride along with rep (generally won't let you ride with experienced honest associates) where you are encouraged to ask questions and see if you think the job is for you. The RSM position is very mechanical versus sales. There is overtime (you don't get paid for that as Ecolab feels that because you get paid commision, you get paid 24/7/365.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions. You must have sales and mechanical experience. This is especially important for RSM as it is much more mechanical than sales. Most sales are already made for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Ecolab has an attitude that if you don't like it, we can find someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

6 month drawn out onboarding process where no one communicates what is going on, managers/ HR rarely return phone calls. They hire before their needs- someone knows they are moving jobs within the company 6 months beforehand to allow training- training is extensive but not enough to prepare anyone for field work unless you have prior experience in plumbing, electric, and/ or machine repair

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which one would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate.

Route Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

It took 5 interviews and a ride along, then they told me I had to wait 2 months before I could start. When I started my trainer was on vacation and I was put with a guy who had only been with the company for 6 months or so. My boss had VERY little contact with me leaving me to the trainers way of doing things. Worst 4 months (thats how long training is) of my life. A lot of whole lies and half truths...

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions... my boss isn't great at thinking outside of the box, unless it helps himself   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make the pay so confusing, you will never FULLY understand it, and you will get boned at some point.

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Worcester, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Posts on Ecolab.com/Careers or Careerbuilder, First is phone screening (Sales background, driver history - if you have a DUI or similar on your record even more than 15 years ago good luck, Technical ability) then the online assessment and after that it's a face to face with the District Manager (how's your selling ability, background, why Ecolab), then it's a face to face with the Area Manager for the same thing. If you're lucky like me they did the interview together as a group panel interview (shaves off a week) followed by an unpaid full day ride along (wear a collared button up shirt preferably white with navy dickies because the rep will bring you into accounts and have you help sometimes and you don't want to mess up your business clothes) then it's the drug/background/driving record tests and a few days or a week later it was the offer

Interview Questions

• "Try and sell me something", Explain your selling process   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating, for my area it was 42k a year (real salary is 7k the rest was commission)

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Concord, NH) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted a resume' online via monster.com. Received a phone call from an Ecolab HR recruiter 3 days later. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them 2 days later interviewing for the company. It was more or less a screening for an interview to judge if I was intelligent and had adequate people skills. I was told that I would be hearing from a District Manager in a few days to set up an interview. 2 or 3 days passed by and received an email from the DM to call him so I could set up a time to interview with him. The interview went very well and the DM was very professional but made me feel comfortable.I was then asked to interview with the Area Manager a couple of days later. I was then asked to take a physical and drug screen. I was hired roughly 3 weeks after I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected quesstions   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is what we are going to pay you, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

It is usually not a instant job. It took me a year but if they are interested in you they do keep your "file" and will call you later on if you don't get an immediate job offer. It took me a year to finally get an offer because I did not get the initial job I was applying for. Mostly now we always try to have bench candidates ready to go in case of promotions or people moving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little room for negotiating the offer. They usually offer the best they can for the area of the country you are in. They take COL into effect during the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Most employees work from home, so the interviews typically take place in restaurants. Restaurants were common meeting spots for employees as well and they would take place around breakfast or lunch time. The supervisor would buy a meal and a discussion would be held during a meal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Birmingham, AL) in July 2009.

Interview

In person meeting with Area Route Manager. He approved of my hiring and signed me up for employment. I then attended a week long orientation in St Paul, MN and a month later a one week training class in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that you can manage your time wisely. If so, then how would you?   Answer Question

Route Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ecolab in April 2011.

Interview

30 minute phone interview