Ecolab Interview Questions in Saint Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Two telephonic interviews. Followed by on site interview schedule on Thursday afternoon for next day on Friday evening. They do not provide travel and parking expense for interview. No wonder they are profitable.

Interview Questions

• Background work experience, salary expectation, questions about future role for a new team.   Answer Question

Vice President Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Long interview process, but comprehensive. Met with 4 people that worked in finance. Resume review, project review, background and experience deep dive, talent leadership. All interviewers had a passion for the business. There were 7 other candidates.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with a Human Resources representative, followed by a ride along with one of the current Territory Sales reps, and then a final interview with the Area Manager that I would be working under. The company has great benefits and it was awesome to learn about them. It just was not what I was personally looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a challenge in a leadership position.   Answer Question

I declined because I didn't feel it was the best fit for me.

Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through a college career fair and was selected to go to Ecolab's career day in Saint Paul. This consisted of a tour of the R&D center as well as three half hour long interviews with finance managers. The managers were very rude and not helpful in providing information and details about the position. Very negative experience and not a company I would recommend working for at all. I was very excited about the opportunity until I attended the career day. Ecolab tries to convey a very positive image of their company.

MBA Rotational Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interviews followed by on site (St Paul) interviews. On campus it was just two 30 minute interviews back to back. On site it was breakfast followed by three 45 minute interviews in a row followed by lunch and then a 1.5 hr tour of their r&d center about 20 minutes outside of St Paul. All questions were behavioral with a few very easy technical questions like "walk me through an income statement as if I was a child"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced change within your organization and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw an opportunity to take action to make an improvement and what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible process and even after outstanding feedback from hiring manager no response later. Even after multiple follow-ups there was no response. They should have the courtesy to let the candidate know what they are no longer interested. Horrible experience. Others should be wary of specific timeline of when the next steps would be taken and when they expect to hear back, if at all.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job an want to leave your precious job   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

It's a lengthy process from the time you interview to the time you get hire on. Ecolab likes to have the candidate interview with 5 different people on the same day. Each person that you interview with asked different questions and serve a different purpose. Be prepare and sound sincerely in your answers.

Associate Regulatory Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Email and phone interview with HR were the first line of communication . Follow-up interviews were with several people within the Regulatory Department. The in-person interviews lasted one full work day. Each session was with a new person or multiple people. These different sessions asked questions related to a new topic (e.g. leadership, organizational, professional skills).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took action to provide quick and thorough service in response to an internal/external customer’s request or problem.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

They use "Targeted Selection" questions for their interviews (behavioral interviewing i.e. tell me a time when....what did you do about it?). Several interview rounds before offer is made. Kind of lengthy time frame - first it was a phone interview then a one on one with several people and finally a call back for a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, in hindsight I wish I would have as I found out later I was at the bottom of the pay range and it is nearly impossible to get decent raises.

Manager Financial Analyst Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

I attended one day career interview event and got interviewed with three different people during that day. They were all from different finance functions from the company. Each interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes and most of the questions were generic questions, not many tough ones. The second of the day, they took you to a R&D center and showed you the history of the company. No written test was required for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me how you accomplish a big project and how do you overcame the challenges.   Answer Question