Ecolab Territory Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ecolab Territory Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Territory Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Phone screening. Face to face interview. Ride-a-long with current employee. First two steps were basic, simple behavioral questions and experience questions. Had to reach out after two weeks of no communication after the face to face interview. Manager set up the ride-a-along. Employee was very nice and easy to talk to, overall went very well. Let the manager know how it all went and was told I'd be let know when a decision was made. A month and a half later I was notified by a talent agent that I wasn't selected. Overall I felt very lost during the whole process. Extreme lack of communication by manager and hiring team. Seems like a good company, just a bad experience for myself.

Interview Questions

• How does your prior experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ecolab

Territory Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

It was a very Long process. Expect to wait at least a month and go through multiple interviews. Full background and driver check. Must have clean driving record and drug test. Great, solid company to work for. I plan on staying for many years and retiring from Ecolab.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Williamsport, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

4 interviews, initial screen, 2 phone subsequent interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Territory Representative Interview

Interview

Minimal in a hotel lobby

Territory Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab in March 2012.

Interview

Thorough interview process including a ride along. This is a great opportunity to see how the job works and the added opportunity to ask questions with individuals in the field, and not a managers view of the job.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ecolab (Portland, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

Had phone interview with Cedar from coorporate. He was a pleasure to work with and the interview was relatively tough at this point. After approval from HR I met with my district manager for an in person interview. Was very enjoyable overall

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interviews, 1:1 interview, ride-a-long, hiring process (paperwork)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer calls to repair a piece of equipment and your on the other side of your territory and it's late in the day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is set in stone

Territory Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab in January 2017.

Interview

1st was a pre screening interview over the phone for about 12 minuted. Then i was asked to answer an online application supplemental. Had 45 minute interview with the same person after a week. Stumbled on words, interviewer wasn't impressed on me.

Territory Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab in October 2015.

Interview

1)E-mail to set up first phone contact
    2)Someone from hr called to explain the position (Territory Rep Retail)
    3)First telephone interview a few days later. Went over my CV and asked about my responsibilities.
    4)got contacted by phone again from someone in Toronto to make sure I was fluent in French (territory was in Quebec).
    5) got contacted by district manager for an interview a week later.
    6) one on one interview with district manager and current territory rep. Went very well. Both great guys.
    7) Went on ride along a week later with current territory rep.
    8) Answered feedback questionnaire about ride along.

It's been 5 weeks since my last contact with them and even after sending emails to both manager and current employee, no one is wiling to give me any feedback.

Interview Questions

• During the one on one interview, they just wanted to know more about me and my personality. it was very laid back.   Answer Question

Territory Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online through a job search engine and was called within a few days by HR to set up a phone interview. I completed the phone interview with the HR representative within a week of applying. It took three to four weeks before I was called back to schedule an in-person 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview was more about learning about the position rather than doing much talking. The final round was a ride-along experience with one of the representatives in the field to see how the work is actually done. I was advised that asking questions during the ride-along was good and showed that you are interested in the position.