Ecolab Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ecolab Territory Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Bronx, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is kind of long first someone calls you to schedule a phone interview, after thats done they schedule an interview with the district manager, after that you will go a day on the territory to actually do and see whats the job about, then he will schedule a final interview with the big boss i forgot her title but yeah she will give you the final approval. THE HIRING PROCESS IS LONG TOO! all together it will take you at least a month to start working for them.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions but mainly basic questions about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer, if you have any customer service experience not a hard interview but the best question is if you have any other job offers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate my salary since i didnt have a 4 year degree yet they wanted to pay me less but being that i had other pending offers for a little more money they acommodated me to bring me in.

Other Interview Reviews for Ecolab

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. What are your weaknesses, what accomplishments do you have, what was most challenging in a certain part of a job. She also asked why I left certain jobs and if I left because I needed certain experience because I needed to move into a higher up position.

Interview Questions

• They went through my resume and asked about each job experience.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks total from beginning to end for the interview process. I applied on Indeed.com, HR contacted me 2 weeks later, I interviewed with the Area Manager and District Manager then had to do a shadowing of an employee to see if I'd enjoy the job.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was more to see if I could fit in with the company. They didn't ask the normal what is your weakness, your strength questions. They sincerely wanted to get to you you as a person.   Answer Question

Territorial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Olympia, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, no response or feedback for several weeks. I then saw a company rep at a job fair and mentioned my application. I received a call several days later to follow online instructions to complete a drivers licences check and complete a online assessment. Both easy to accomplish. If you pass the online test you will be screened on a phone interview that is established when the hiring rep calls you.

The phone interview went well. They follow a checklist of questions that ask about why you are interested in the company, do you have sales experience, have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. They asked a lot of background questions about past jobs. It was an easy, relaxed interview. In the end she explained the training program and the benefits. I asked questions to get most of this information.

All in all the interview went well in my opinion and she said she would refer me to the territory manger for another interview to be scheduled in several days. I never got a call back. Hot and cold, mixed signals, not sure. I have moved on.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. give an example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received email within the hour requesting phone interview in about 3 days. Had the phone interview, then met District Manager for 1 on 1 interview. Rode with TSR for a day in the field to see how I would like it. Was made a verbal offer and started within 2 weeks after MVR was done, background check and drug test completed.

Interview Questions

• Just your basic kind of question, like you had an upset customer complaining about an invoice. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given an offer and that was it.