Economical Insurance Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Economical Insurance Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for Team Lead position and got a email for a phone interview (Dec 2016). Spoke with a recruiter and i feel like the phone screen went well. Was told that i was going to hear back in the new year with a decision. Didn't hear back so i decided to send an email to the recruiter. Was told they are still conducting phone interviews and she will contact me the follow week. Let 2 and half weeks go by and i decided to send an email to ask for feedback because i know at this point i wasn't selected for a face to face email. Few more weeks past and still no word. Very disappointed with the lack of communication and the funny thing is my wife and I have home and multiple auto insurance with Economical. Definitely looking at switching now...salty??..yeah I know!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Economical Insurance in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone with two people. Thought it was a good interview,but did not get an offer. There was a mix of both technical and behavioural question. Nothing out of the ordinary. The process was straight forward and the interviewers asked questions that matched the job description

Interview Questions

• If you were a friend and I told you I needed to buy a car, what questions would you ask me?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Economical Insurance.

Interview

Some standard screening questions by HR. Actual interview was standard Behavioral Questions. Describe what you did in previous projects, conflict resolution, process change, leadership, etc. Last one was "John and Tom together have $21. John has $20 more than Tom. How many dollars does Tom have." This site does not let user submit review with less than 50 words, so adding this sentence to go over 50 words.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, mainly behavioral questions. Whole process took around 2-3 weeks. They had an interview room in the office and things felt very light and easy going. Interviewed by both team leads. Had around 6-8 big behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you felt like you had to do something unethical at a job, what did you do? what happened?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

3 Rounds in Person after a 1st round phone screening.
    1st round: 2 managers, pretty straight forward behavioural questions.
    2nd round: manager and director, similar questions as to 1st round.
    3rd round (Which I did not make): VP Finance, supposedly a more casual chat

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose this Economical?
      Multiple behavioural questions (personal strengths & weaknesses, ability to work with individuals across various levels of the organization, career goal, etc.)
      Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online on June 2015, received an email confirming an appropriate date and time for a phone-interview. The phone interview was very general and only took about 15 minutes. After this initial phone interview she sent me an email to do an online typing data/entry assessment. After about two weeks, I received a call from one of the team leads to set up an in person interview. The interview was about half an hour with two team leads, they asked about my prior work experiences and why I chose the insurance industry. The second part of the interview was in relation to their code of conduct and was scenario based questions. After three weeks I received a call from the team lead and an offer of employment which I accepted in August 2015.

Interview Questions

• Why are you planning on leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

ITS Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial Call:
    The initial call came from the hiring Manager of the team to schedule the interview date / time. I was impressed; as most calls come from the recruiter. This added a personal touch.

Preparation for the interview:
    He told me the STAR format would be used and to google the term to prepare. He also explained there would be a mix of behavioural and skill set questions; and to study the job role description. Knowing the format of the interview, helped build my confidence!
    No other interviewer had given me that guidance. He was open and supportive. He set me up for success!. He reassured me to contact him, if I had any further questions.

Interview Conducted:
    The Manager conducted the interview very well and was thorough. I liked the flow of the interview and the style. We had a conversation; rather than him straight question shooting and me answering; filled with awkward intermittent silence. He was engaged and listened to my answers.

Interview Questions

• Example Question he asked:

1) Explain to me, why did you apply for this role?
      Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Interview

It only took me 20 seconds after meeting the senior hiring manager to decide that I wasn't interested in working for Economical. He treated other employees rudely before we even started the interview!

Reading between the lines of what he and another manager described as the job description, they wanted an experienced technical lead to come in and clean up the mess that they had created, and if you failed you would be the fall-guy. It was a perfect setup, but absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Oh, and apparently people/groups refused to speak to each other so the role also required a talent for walking through political mine fields. Unbelievable! I was so disgusted I simply through the interview, and acted like I didn't know anything which shut it down.

Interview Questions

• Translating what they really meant was the only challenge, but it wasn't that difficult to decipher.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Economical Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

Over the phone interview, consisted of going over my previous employments listed on my resume and what I did there. They asked me to list one thing I enjoyed the most, and one thing I enjoyed the least from my previous work experiences. They asked about why I had such an interest working in an insurance industry firm, and what I would be expecting from it. They asked if obtaining my CIP designation as something I was interested in (seems a lot/overqualified for a CSR position...) and where I see myself in 5 years. They asked whether or not I have references, and how I would respond in a situation where someone was calling in with a heated tone of voice. The over-the-phone interview took about 20 minutes, and they said if I was a successful candidate that they would get back to me. This was for a CSR entry level position at the Square One Mississauga, ON location.

The interview was very straightforward in the sense that all the person did was list questions, and type them up (I could hear a clicking keyboard), it wasn't a "back-and-forth" interview per se.

Interview Questions

• Describe one thing you liked least about your previous employment (for ALL your listed previous employments); how are your previous employment positions related to what you would be doing at EIS?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Economical Insurance (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

contact you via email, phone interview, and then in person interview.
    they explained to you what the job entails in the phone interview, after you got the email for second round, you need to complete a personality test, at the in person interview, they ask you mostly behaviour questions.