Economist Group Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Economist Group (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I had a horrible experience, so bad that I chose to withdraw my application with the Economist Group because the interviewer badgered and insulted me numerous times during our call. He asked about my salary expectations. I let him know I was open to market value and he rudely responded with so you refuse to give me salary expectations? He questioned beyond the point of respect as to why I left my job and said “you sound confident you will find another job, what if you don’t find a job for 6 months or more?” How is this question addressing anything pertaining to my candidacy or skills? Should I sound disheartened? He was extremely condescending, and after learning I would be reporting into him, it was clear that I needed to pull the plug. It’s acceptable to reserve compensation discussions later in the interview process and they would not accept that I was open to discussing that later. The interviewer was extremely short with me and I had the worst candidate experience out of anywhere I have ever interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your job?   1 Answer