Eddie Bauer Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed got a call the next day. Hired on spot easy interview. he asked a couple of questions then offered me the position...............................................……:…

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eddie Bauer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Dropped my résumé off. Got a call a few days later asking if I could come in for an interview, scheduled an interview for the next week. Came in and interview was relatively painless. During interview, hiring manager asked if we could do some back and forth on the sales floor, just to see how I would do in a hypothetical situation.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Stockton, CA).

Interview

I picked up and submitted the application in person, at one of their stores. I received a phone call a few of days later to go for a 1:1 interview with the store manager. I was asked mainly about my experience, customer service questions and what I knew about the company. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Why choose to work at Eddie Bauer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Was fairly easy, simple retail knowledge and confidence is all you need. They are performance oriented company like many retail companies. Company is great to work for and get an experience in the retail business.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach customers who are negligent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Naperville, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviews process was very quick. I got a call two week after handing in my application and had a interview three days later. It was suppose to be a group interview but I was the only one that showed up which was great for me! The questions were very straight forward and fairly basic, no surprises and I was offered a seasonal job a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• past retail experience ( I had none)
      time management skills
      leadership skills   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

It took them 1 day to decide to hire me. They want outdoorsy people who are very active in nature. One of my co-workers interview took place in a closet. They also want really competitive people because when they get the job they will have to fight over who gets what sales. Tried to get promoted to assistant manager after 5 months working with them and them brought someone else in from the outside. No opportunities for growth in anything. Management like to bully and harass people behind their backs. Sales are way down.

Interview Questions

• Their main thing they ask you first is on a scale 1-10 how competitive are you. 7-10 range = perfect for the job   1 Answer
    • Are you an active person?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had a friend who worked at the store in the mall and they asked if I'd be interested in applying. I applied and received a call a few days later. I was interviewed and hired on the same day. Manager was very nice and engaging. The entire process was simple. It was a retail job so no real surprises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Back room with 2 other applicants. Was told I'd get a call back. Never called back, but that's ok. Seemed grim. The other 2 applicants wanted to get hired much more, but I felt I did better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Eddie Bauer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

It was pretty simple, straightforward

Negotiation

Very smooth and simple

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Ames, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic. Nothing unexpected or shocking. Turns out that the current manager was from my town. That was cool, but i doubt that had anything to do with me getting hired. I'm a good hard worker & they could tell that. I had the job for all my years & college & needed to move on. Great people. Good work ethics.