Edelman Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Account Executive

Edelman Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a fairly quick and easy process. After a quick HR phone screening, I was invited in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews with various members of the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I worked with a recruiter. I bypassed speaking with an HR rep and went right into an in-person interview with 3 separate employees. I met with all three in a two hour period and it went great. Two days later, I was asked to complete a writing test (all through my recruiter). That went great as well and I was asked to come back in to speak with the VP of the team I'd be joining and the AS who I assumed would be my manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was selected after submitting my resume and cover letter online and had an interview at the offices with three different people who worked there. The interview was fairly informal and they did not ask any questions that were too difficult. Truly felt like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would my background in media be conducive to a background in PR?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Edelman has an organized, effective interview process. It's clear that there is a strategy behind each interviewers' focus because no one asked the same interview question twice (which I really appreciated as the candidate!). I felt like they were trying to get to know me and have a conversation, and the recruiter I worked with was an excellent communicator and prompt. I met with four people (two phone calls, one onsite meeting) in three rounds of conversations and had an offer in roughly three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt compelled to share an opinion that differed from someone more senior than you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a short screening call with the recruiter, followed by an interview with two junior staff, then a third with the hiring manager. I then had to come into the office for a timed writing and editing test on a subject related to the work I'd be doing. I was offered the job the day after the writing test, and the whole process was about a week long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very simple and it didn't take much - be prepared to justify your salary with research on competitor pay and what industry analysts say.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process wasn't particularly rigorous, but was unorganized at times with people needing to reschedule or switch from in-person to over the phone. After my resume was passed along to HR, I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone screening. This was followed by an in-person interview with the team's two most senior people under the VP, after which I completed an in-office grammar and writing test. The following day, the recruiter reached out to me to tell me how well I did and to set up my next round of interviews with additional team members. I was scheduled to meet with the team VP as well as an AE on the account (chemistry check), but ended up having phone interviews with both of them even though I came into the office, which I found a bit frustrating and inconvenient. Overall though, people were friendly, informative and considerate and made the process as comfortable and reassuring as possible.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary, by $3k. Benefits, 401k, and paid time off really aren't negotiable at such a junior level position, as Edelman has a pretty standard offering across the board. There might be more wiggle room the higher up you go however.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was a little lengthy with many conversations via phone and in-person requiring 2 separate trips to the building for the interviews but overall the people were terrific and the interview was respectful, comfortable, and engaging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never take the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

First I applied online and eventually had a phone interview with an HR rep. Later that week I got an e-mail back from the rep saying another, more appropriate position opened up and they'd love to have me for an interview.

After scheduling a good time to come by, I visited the D.C. office for an in-person interview, which consisted of two different interviews with two staffers each (first two account supervisors, then two vice presidents). I also had a 30-minute grammar and vocab test.

Upon completion of the day's schedule, I left on good terms with the HR rep and was told she'd be in contact with me.

I received another offer earlier this week and messaged the Edelman contact to see where I stood. She said they were leaning toward another candidate and wished me the best of luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was rather difficult... I did not expect it to be so challenging.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the Senior Recruitment Manager to come in for the initial interview. A few days later, I came in to interview with two people (Senior Account Executive and Account Supervisor, respectively), albeit separately. The entire process took about 1.5 to 1.75 hours. They were basically the 'tell me about yourself' and 'how do your experiences tie in with what we do here' type. Then there was a week and a half before I heard anything. The recruiter contacted me to tell me that things were moving positively and that when she gets back into town, she'll proceed with me. The next interview was with the EVP of the account that I'd be working on. She asked tough questions, but it was like talking with my mother. She was very nurturing and understanding, and she'll be a great teacher and mentor. Later on that day, I had a 30 min phone interview with another team member who I think held a VP position. Her questions were tough as well, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. She asked about scenarios and how I'd approach certain situations with regards to the position I'd be taking. A few days after that, I had my fifth and final interview with another VP, one with whom I'd have direct and constant contact. It was quick, pretty painless and enjoyable. By this time round, I'd really built up the confidence and knew what to expect, so it was much less stressful for me. She asked me questions about how I would pitch a certain pub to get my client press, among other questions along the same lines. Overall, it was actually enjoyable.

At some point during this long process, I had a 2 hour writing and editing exam in which I had to correct sentences and paragraphs on usage, spelling, grammar, content and clarity. There were only a couple that I went back and forth with the answers, but it was fine and I passed with flying colors. The other part of the exam was to write a press release using the info given. It went pretty well, too. It's all done on a computer, except for the editing test which is done with pen and paper.